Delay question...

• Members

i have a dd20 (which i love) but i want to do some modulated delay and i hate the modulated delay on the dd20. i had an idea that i wanted to see if someone had done it (and liked it) before i invest in what i need to make it happen...

what i was thinking was splitting the line before the dd20. one line into the dd20 and one line bypassing it. the level on the dd20 would be set at 100% so the dry signal is completely cut out. put some mod effects after the dd20 and then bring it back to the dry signal. i'll probably need a line mixer to mix the delay and dry signal.

if that makes no sense i made a crappy little paint layout:18l4y.png

am i crazy or could this work?

• Members

It may not be the sound you want. Having a signal of 50% modulation is not the same as say, the level at noon on a mod pedal.

But it might be what you're looking for, I see no reason why you wouldn't still get a usable sound.

Edit: Actually my statement might be wrong, just try it man. Little ABY switches and stuff aren't that expensive really

• Members

I'm not sure if it'll work that way but it can be done. Someone did it with the DE7 like this:

DSC_0219.jpg

I think the idea is to have the pedals in the loop affect only the wet signal. A pedal with stereo ins will work just as good as a line mixer.

Make sure the DD-20 is set to wet/dry output and split the signal at the DD-20 (wet out to the mod pedals) instead of the green pedal.

• Members

cool man. kinda shoddy the dd-20 doesnt have an fx loop. putting all sorts of pedals into my skrecho's loop was a lot of fun. pitch shifting is real good too, as well as trem, chorus, vibe, phaser, distortion
:love:

ringmod is my favorite

• Members

Hey, in case you didn't know, you can change the rate and depth of the modulation on the DD20. Having owned the DD20 twice (before and during owning the Timeline), I always thought the DD20 was pretty decent.

Page 25 here:

Ya I've messed around with the rate and depth a lot. Couldn't get a tone I was happy with

Archived