Who's the Daddy? Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Mondo vs Cioks Ciokolate

Pedaltones

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Mondo looks great, but not much of an option buying in Australia now there's switchable (110/240V) competitors available from overseas at half the price.
Curious about the weight issues with it too. VL said it was approx 6lb (2.72kg) where the Ciokolate is listed as 1.6kg.
The CAE403 looks like another contender but at 2.63kg that's on the heavy side too.
I've been using the VL PP2+ happily for years but back then there was no worthy competition. I'd like to use them again but local price for a 240V-only power supply is ridiculous.

• Members

The Mondo looks great, but not much of an option buying in Australia now there's switchable (110/240V) competitors available from overseas at half the price.
Curious about the weight issues with it too. VL said it was approx 6lb (2.72kg) where the Ciokolate is listed as 1.6kg.
The CAE403 looks like another contender but at 2.63kg that's on the heavy side too.
I've been using the VL PP2+ happily for years but back then there was no worthy competition. I'd like to use them again but local price for a 240V-only power supply is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones View Post
Mine just arrived this morning. How will you A/B them?
I didn't say 'I' would necessarily A/B but they will both be sold at Deluxe Guitars here in Melbourne I'm sure.

Have you set up your Mondo yet Pedaltones? What are your first impressions?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones View Post
Mine just arrived this morning. How will you A/B them?
I didn't say 'I' would necessarily A/B but they will both be sold at Deluxe Guitars here in Melbourne I'm sure.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by coopdeville78 View Post

Yes I have it running. I really don't know what to say about it beyond it works great as intended and has no fan noise which people who record might be concerned about. For me the Mondo has one more isolated DC output section than the Ciokolate which is more useful as I don't have any AC pedals to power.

I was just using a PP2+ before and now have enough to power everything without using adaptors. The four extra 400mA are the business for the Timeline and Eventide.

Josh from Voodoo Lab was great to deal with also. A big thank you to him.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by coopdeville78 View Post

Yes I have it running. I really don't know what to say about it beyond it works great as intended and has no fan noise which people who record might be concerned about. For me the Mondo has one more isolated DC output section than the Ciokolate which is more useful as I don't have any AC pedals to power.

I was just using a PP2+ before and now have enough to power everything without using adaptors. The four extra 400mA are the business for the Timeline and Eventide.

Josh from Voodoo Lab was great to deal with also. A big thank you to him.

Archived