Who's the Daddy? Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Mondo vs Cioks Ciokolate

Pedaltones

• Members

It sounds like they're doing it to make sure each distributor is given priority in that specific country. So if you live in Belgium, they want you to shop in Belgium, not Australia or Japan or wherever else. I kind of understand it, but it's a compromise and a huge sacrifice for those who regularly travel abroad.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks & Bones

View Post

Seriously.

One of them gave me some BS about custom transformers per country or something.

BS?? I designed the transformers. What are your qualifications to analyze my design? As has been covered before, the decision to build line voltage specific transformers allowed us to get more performance from the transformer. These issues are a tradeoff between output power, noise, size, heat, etc. We chose a fixed input voltage so we could optimize everything else. You can run our power supplies continuously at their maximum rated output, something that a number of others will not do without overheating, if at all.

Most artists find a need for a step-down transformer anyway. They are inexpensive and allow you to run everything from a diff line voltage. The majority of complaints come from Australia. This has nothing to do with a need to switch voltage. Prices for Voodoo Lab and every other brand are high in Australia, so some people want to buy gray market from the U.S. I'm sorry about that, but we have very little control over international selling price. The vast majority of artists use VL supplies, so is this really a big problem?

Regards,

Josh Fiden

Founder / CEO

www.voodoolab.com

www.facebook.com/scarygoodtone

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks & Bones

View Post

Seriously.

One of them gave me some BS about custom transformers per country or something.

BS?? I designed the transformers. What are your qualifications to analyze my design? As has been covered before, the decision to build line voltage specific transformers allowed us to get more performance from the transformer. These issues are a tradeoff between output power, noise, size, heat, etc. We chose a fixed input voltage so we could optimize everything else. You can run our power supplies continuously at their maximum rated output, something that a number of others will not do without overheating, if at all.

Most artists find a need for a step-down transformer anyway. They are inexpensive and allow you to run everything from a diff line voltage. The majority of complaints come from Australia. This has nothing to do with a need to switch voltage. Prices for Voodoo Lab and every other brand are high in Australia, so some people want to buy gray market from the U.S. I'm sorry about that, but we have very little control over international selling price. The vast majority of artists use VL supplies, so is this really a big problem?

Regards,

Josh Fiden

Founder / CEO

www.voodoolab.com

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JoshFiden

View Post

Most artists find a need for a step-down transformer anyway. They are inexpensive and allow you to run everything from a diff line voltage. The majority of complaints come from Australia. This has nothing to do with a need to switch voltage. Prices for Voodoo Lab and every other brand are high in Australia, so some people want to buy gray market from the U.S. I'm sorry about that, but we have very little control over international selling price.

When can we expect the MONDO release in Europe? It looks perfect for my needs.

• Members

View Post

Most artists find a need for a step-down transformer anyway. They are inexpensive and allow you to run everything from a diff line voltage. The majority of complaints come from Australia. This has nothing to do with a need to switch voltage. Prices for Voodoo Lab and every other brand are high in Australia, so some people want to buy gray market from the U.S. I'm sorry about that, but we have very little control over international selling price.

When can we expect the MONDO release in Europe? It looks perfect for my needs.

• Members

View Post

Some have already shipped and more in the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

Regards,

Josh Fiden

Founder / CEO

www.voodoolab.com

I don't see any on Thomann. Would it be possible to order a Euro-voltage MONDO from you direct so I would have it ready for Best of the Boards here on HCFX before the competition closes on the 10th?

• Members

View Post

Some have already shipped and more in the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

Regards,

Josh Fiden

Founder / CEO

www.voodoolab.com

I don't see any on Thomann. Would it be possible to order a Euro-voltage MONDO from you direct so I would have it ready for Best of the Boards here on HCFX before the competition closes on the 10th?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones

View Post

It never made it for BotB. My victory would have been assured if it had. frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones

View Post

It never made it for BotB. My victory would have been assured if it had. frown.gif

Archived