Who's the Daddy? Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Mondo vs Cioks Ciokolate

Pedaltones

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One day my Pedal Power died. Apparently the transformer blew for no reason. I contacted VooDoo Labs regarding the issue. They said they'd fix it for shipping, even though it was no longer under warranty. Once they saw that it was being shipped to an overseas civilian with the military, they shipped it for free. Customer service like that makes for loyal customers.

• Members

One day my Pedal Power died. Apparently the transformer blew for no reason. I contacted VooDoo Labs regarding the issue. They said they'd fix it for shipping, even though it was no longer under warranty. Once they saw that it was being shipped to an overseas civilian with the military, they shipped it for free. Customer service like that makes for loyal customers.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kungfuonion View Post
Always going to be an inferior product when there's no 110v-240v switch. CIOKS have them, TREX have them, BBE Supachargers have them, Voodoo Labs don't. WHEN WILL YOU LEARN facepalm.gif
Seriously.
I actually brought this up over at TGP when the 4x4 or Versa (can't remember) was being talked about. There were a couple of different VL guys answering questions. One of them gave me some BS about custom transformers per country or something.
It's ridiculous that the supposed "leader" in power supplies can't seem to get this one feature right, while everyone else has had it for ages.

Edit: Found the response I got over at TGP
Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Labs
We have custom transformers that are country specific. End of story. We have a great distributer in Australia so you shouldn't have a problem getting them in your country.
So then I asked, "what do you say to artists who tour internationally?", and all I got was silence.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kungfuonion View Post
Always going to be an inferior product when there's no 110v-240v switch. CIOKS have them, TREX have them, BBE Supachargers have them, Voodoo Labs don't. WHEN WILL YOU LEARN facepalm.gif
Seriously.
I actually brought this up over at TGP when the 4x4 or Versa (can't remember) was being talked about. There were a couple of different VL guys answering questions. One of them gave me some BS about custom transformers per country or something.
It's ridiculous that the supposed "leader" in power supplies can't seem to get this one feature right, while everyone else has had it for ages.

Edit: Found the response I got over at TGP
Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Labs
We have custom transformers that are country specific. End of story. We have a great distributer in Australia so you shouldn't have a problem getting them in your country.
So then I asked, "what do you say to artists who tour internationally?", and all I got was silence.

• Members

It sounds like they're doing it to make sure each distributor is given priority in that specific country. So if you live in Belgium, they want you to shop in Belgium, not Australia or Japan or wherever else. I kind of understand it, but it's a compromise and a huge sacrifice for those who regularly travel abroad.

Archived