another reverb thread about reverb (reverb content)

echodeluxe

• Members

I KNOW I KNOW

but last night at band practice i tried out the hardwire reverb at stage volume and HOLY{censored}DICKS

its really great. the spring setting is so much better than i initially thought. no volume drop. it is so lush and deep and pretty realistic.

excellent/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i own three reverbs already, and have tried a ton.

this one is just a really good sounding reverb. the spring setting was surprisingly good, as i didnt think it could replace my holy grail. its splashy and deep and awesome and no volume drop.

• Members

Loved this pedal, but I'm still loyal to the digiverb

Love the Digiverb but I've never played the Hardwire. How do they compare? I'm especially curious about how the spring mode sounds on the Hardwire. Can it do a convincing drippy surf reverb sound? I like the Digiverb for this but it can sort of sound artificial with the level cranked.

• Members

How's the modulated reverb? I recently played an RV-5 for the first time and loved the mod verb but nothing else. I'm thinking of adding a pre fuzz reverb pedal and if the Hardwire's mod is anywhere the RV-5 I'm going to have some serious GAS to deal with.

• Members

i own three reverbs already, and have tried a ton.

this one is just a really good sounding reverb. the spring setting was surprisingly good, as i didnt think it could replace my holy grail. its splashy and deep and awesome and no volume drop.

Are any of you using multiple reverbs on your board simultaneously and if so, how are they arranged in the signal path?

• Members

all the hardwire pedals i've tried have been really good {censored}. i'm pretty sure the reverb pedal is loaded with lexicon 'verbs... from what i've read, they're top notch.

Won't get an argument from me. Lexicon 'verbs, sounds great. In fact, all of Hardwire modulation pedals sound great. Sorry about the big pic.

Hardwire-Reverb.gif

• Members

Love the Digiverb but I've never played the Hardwire. How do they compare? I'm especially curious about how the spring mode sounds on the Hardwire. Can it do a convincing drippy surf reverb sound? I like the Digiverb for this but it can sort of sound artificial with the level cranked.

I'd say the spring on the hardwire is really good, but I've never played surf stuff cranked on it. You can't go wrong with either of them.

• Members

How's the modulated reverb? I recently played an RV-5 for the first time and loved the mod verb but nothing else. I'm thinking of adding a pre fuzz reverb pedal and if the Hardwire's mod is anywhere the RV-5 I'm going to have some serious GAS to deal with.

no other mod verb compares to the rv5.

• Members

I had the RV-7 way back, really good reverb imo. I do recall the spring mode being pretty good. Apparently, the upcoming Hardwire Supernatural has one of the best spring modes, period. Plus all of the other new modulated modes. Hardwire/PGS compared the spring mode to a bunch of Fender amps with reverb, and they couldn't tell which was which. Can't wait to order it when it comes out. I sold my RV-7 to fund a RRR and really didn't feel like I was upgrading. In fact I lost the spring mode altogether. And I really don't like the reverbs on the M5 that I'm using now, they seem to take over my sound, even when the mix control is set very low. My HoF was much better overall.

Archived