Strat Guys...Talk me into/out of putting a Fast track in the Bridge position

Johansolo

• Members

i have a strat...i love it for...strat style playing...love the neck position and the neck/middle position. dont really mind the middle and middle bridge...and never really bonded with the bridge on its own...i basically use it for leads only.

current pickups (and my fav so far) are the suhr FL standard set...

this is my only S/S/S guitar and id like to keep it this way.

ive got my heavy tones/humbuckers covered (PRS and LP) as well as a Tele with...a Dimarzio ChopperT in the bridge...which is also one of my favourites...

im pretty sure i will dig having a fast track in the bridge position of the strat...i dont really care about "quack" tones...but im also thinking...maybe i should just keep it boring standard...every guitar collection needs a good strat right?

• Members

I don't know what a fast track is either. Have you considered wiring one tone knob to the bridge pup for more versatility? I've often thought about doing this because I'm not crazy about the bridge pup on its own either.

i have it wired up atm with one master volume and one tone. i work both controls controls for tonal variations no problems at all...even when flicking between pickups

ive wired the third tone as a bridge/neck blend (when in the neck position)

anways...ive decided to pass...only because when i play this strat...it makes me play more...stratty...and if i put in a higher bucker sounding stacked S/C i might end up busting out the chugah chuggahs...which i have guitars that do that much better...

• Members

I've got a fast track 2 in the bridge of my old ibanez roadster. It scares the {censored} out of many an amp input. Give it a try but it can be hard to balance with stock pups in the middle and neck.

• Members

I dig dimarzios, personally.

Had a pro track in the bridge of my American strat, and settled recently on the chopper.

The chopper is killer. If you've got one in a tele with good results, the strat might be worth a shot.

Either one is easy enough to remove if you don't like it or change your mind down the road.

• Members

Fast Track sounds great but not the least bit Strat like. It'll give you a large humbucker sound...which may suit you. Chopper will retain at least a smidge of Fenderdom. You really need to try um. I'll make an unpopular suggestion. Might wanna try a single red or blue lace in the bridge. Will sound big but more Stratlike. IMO. Good Luck

• Members

i have it wired up atm with one master volume and one tone. i work both controls controls for tonal variations no problems at all...even when flicking between pickups

ive wired the third tone as a bridge/neck blend (when in the neck position)

anways...ive decided to pass...only because when i play this strat...it makes me play more...stratty...and if i put in a higher sucker sounding stacked S/C i might end up busting out the chugah chuggahs...which i have guitars that do that much better...

You'd like the bridge pick-up much more with a separate tone control, especially if you pay through a blackface fender or other bright amp.

SB

Archived