Best TWEED simulation pedal?

stunningbabe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Gainster isn't an "amp in a box", it's an overdrive meant to complement a Tweed amp. And, in the past, Barber has made a more affordable version (I hear occasional rumors it may again one day).

There is a big difference between an OD made to be used with a Tweed amp; an OD made to make something like a BF Fender sound like a Tweed amp (Catalin Bread, Lovepedal); and a Tweed amp simulation that replaces the amp altogether.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
The Gainster isn't an "amp in a box", it's an overdrive meant to complement a Tweed amp. And, in the past, Barber has made a more affordable version (I hear occasional rumors it may again one day).

There is a big difference between an OD made to be used with a Tweed amp; an OD made to make something like a BF Fender sound like a Tweed amp (Catalin Bread, Lovepedal); and a Tweed amp simulation that replaces the amp altogether.
You are absolutely right. If you have a tweed amp, the Clark (or Barber) will do you well. I hope Barber starts making them again, as the price for the Clark is nuts.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stunningbabe View Post
My interest is in the clean tone in the likes of Hank Marvin & The Shadows. I dont wanna carry a heavy Fender Amp...so the nest best thing is to carry a small Pedal that can simulate thats kind of tone.
Practically every pedal mentioned in this thread is of no interest to you then... the majority of them are overdrive pedals with a 'tweed' voicing, they are not amp simulator pedals (with speaker emulation) designed to be used direct instead of an amp.

Didn't (/doesn't) Hank Marvin play Vox amps? Early AC15s and AC30s? That's what I always associated with him.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kpd78 View Post
Practically every pedal mentioned in this thread is of no interest to you then... the majority of them are overdrive pedals with a 'tweed' voicing, they are not amp simulator pedals (with speaker emulation) designed to be used direct instead of an amp.

Didn't (/doesn't) Hank Marvin play Vox amps? Early AC15s and AC30s? That's what I always associated with him.
After watching many Tec21 BLONDE demos in youtube...it is possible to get Hank Marvin's tone with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought the Blonde pedal 3 days ago. Wow...what an amazing pedal. I Truly love it!!

It has such a wide range of tones...you can spend hours trying to nail more than 10 killer tones. The knobs are very sensitive and responsive. A little tweaking goes a long way..and changed the tone greatly.

I am over the moon now as I can get a very decent Hank Marvin tone now. I compared it with the Tech 21 GT2 (another aweosme pedal)....and the BLONDE totally blew away the GT2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived