Best TWEED simulation pedal?

stunningbabe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

I watched about half of that... and you're right. It does sound very, very good. Can the Tech 21 Blonde "beat" that? I don't know - that would be completely subjective. However, I feel it can easily hang with that in terms of the quality of tones and type of tone. Plus, it has the ability to stay completely clean. The Wampler, as good as it is, always has some grit to the sound, as the reviewer points out in the demo video you linked to. Since you said you "play clean" (which BTW is, IMHO, missing more than half the fun of what a tweed amp does best), I thought the Blonde would be an excellent choice for you since it is capable of going from completely clean to very dirty, depending on how you have the character and drive knobs set.

Once agaon Phil shares the knowlege les earingd', iyou will, and I would agree, more so than none, yet the red llama, acheive the...

• Members

So, I'm looking at a situation where I'm going to have to go FOH without having an on-stage amp. I pretty much thought my only option would be a modeling unit (pod hd/etc)...but now I'm wondering.

Phil, in your demos of the character-series pedals, did you ever use the as stand-alone amp sims? The idea is VERY tempting to me, mostly because I'm not really a huge fan of modeling units and would rather run my board into something like this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dolf

View Post

So, I'm looking at a situation where I'm going to have to go FOH without having an on-stage amp. I pretty much thought my only option would be a modeling unit (pod hd/etc)...but now I'm wondering.

Phil, in your demos of the character-series pedals, did you ever use the as stand-alone amp sims? The idea is VERY tempting to me, mostly because I'm not really a huge fan of modeling units and would rather run my board into something like this.

It does sound very convincing...almost like having a real amp on stage. Think about it...no more lugging a heavy weighted amp everywhere you go to perform! No more Mic needed either for it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stunningbabe

View Post

It does sound very convincing...almost like having a real amp on stage. Think about it...no more lugging a heavy weighted amp everywhere you go to perform! No more Mic needed either for it.

Oh, I'd rather have an amp all day long...lugging stuff around isn't an issue (you're talking to a guy whose touring rig for 100+ shows included an oversized 6x12). I'm just getting into a situation where I won't be able to have an amp on stage at all for a recurring church gig and I don't really want a "modeler".

I'll be checking these out.

Archived