True Stereo In and Out Analog Delay with Modulation.

Amigo

• Members

dont think so breau...might as well just get 2 Jacques prisoner analog delays for like 100 each used and call it a day. or two skrechos if you feeling fancy. run them at the same settings, gives you true stereo analog delay with modulation for like $200 (if you go the jacques route). or two carbon copies but they dont have the external mod controls.

i'd think most other delays with stereo ins probably sum the signal up. not sure there are any true stereo analog delays even...modulation controls or not

• Members

Too much circuit!

I've done it, but the clocking scheme can be as boring (equivalent of simply two analog delays side-by-side), or as ridiculously complicated as you want. It gets interesting when the modulation/LFO is applied to both delay lines in various phases, wave-shapes, speeds, etc (not to mention all the additional parameters on the delay lines themselves!).

Do you have a stereo guitar?

No... but I have a lot of stereo processors in front of my analog delays... which is why I use two analog delays on my board.

There are true stereo digital delays, but I don't know of anyone who is actually making a true stereo analog delay. It would require essentially building two analog delays in one enclosure.

• Members

2 echolutions would be better for this purpose, right?
:lol:

wat

1343746222_2.jpg

does the ML2 have trs input? or is this not the ml2?

I have a memory lane 2... It's awesome and makes everything sound warm and thick, the modulation is really perfect sounding. But is not true stereo. I may actually ask diamond to see if they could mod one into a true stereo because I know it uses two separate delay chips already in order to get the two delay times.

No I don't have a stereo guitar, but I have synths that will not run mono and sound like ass when summed. when I use the diamond coming out of one side of my tetra it really warms it up beautifully. That's kind of what I'm after.

• Members

possible they could do a custom shop true stereo pedal i'm sure. but it would cost a ton likely.

might as well get 2 Jacques prisoner analog delays :idk:

i've got one in my spam :idea: half way there!

JacquesPrisoner.jpg

any specific reason it HAS to be analog? some of the analog and tape modes on various pedals have become real nice lately.

• Members

I have a memory lane 2... It's awesome and makes everything sound warm and thick, the modulation is really perfect sounding. But is not true stereo. I may actually ask diamond to see if they could mod one into a true stereo because I know it uses two separate delay chips already in order to get the two delay times.

No I don't have a stereo guitar, but I have synths that will not run mono and sound like ass when summed. when I use the diamond coming out of one side of my tetra it really warms it up beautifully. That's kind of what I'm after.

Why not just use a mixer and send an aux on the stereo tracks to your delay of choice. Unless of course, you are looking for a stereo panning effect or two separate delay times

• Members

Like everything else, it's mono in. "Stereo" analog delays are practically all mono in, and have two outputs - one for the dry, one for the effected signal.

oh, i thought they were updating the 919 to be stereo, they 'are' updating it right, i mean, we are still waiting.. . . .. ..

But that's not 'True Stereo,' correct? Isn't that a Mono-Split.

I was under the impression that True Stereo is always two independent sources going into two independent paths

Stereo is basically just two separate channels of information. How that differs from dual mono is directionality and differentiation between the two signals. There has to be some sort of phase, timing and / or level differentiation between the two channels - that's what our ears cue in on for directional cues.

• Members

you could probably even, if you decide to get two cheaper analog delay pedals, either rehouse them completely in a bigger enclosure and drill holes...etc yourself, or maybe even just connect the potentiometers for the delay time, mix, feedback, and the mod rate and depth from one enclosure, into the circuit board of the second one, so you'd just have like 10 wires running between the two pedals ensuring your settings are the same on both pedals without having to guesstimate and turn two sets of knobs each time. one would just have dummy knobs, the other would control both.

can drill a little hole in the enclosures to let all the wires through and just fix the two enclosures together so that the wires dont rip off :idk:

BOOM! true stereo analog delay with mod for just around $200 and a bit of soldering work!

Archived