DD-20...worth it?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

i currently use, and love, a big box ehx DMM.

during a recent attempt to offload some sledom used boxes to acquire an M5, i had an offer to trade my RC-20XL looper (a version recently superceeded, but still) that i listed for his DD-20.

now, lawd knows we cant have enough delays. i know it could do a bunch of cool stuff my DMM cant, some of which i miss from selling me RE-20 a few years back.

but the M5 i am after is to replace a diminished-function FM4, a comp i never use, AND already augment the DMM with crazy delays from the DL4 models. as well as other things. hell, maybe even my tuner, however unlikely.

so at first i figure id might trade, play with the DD-20 and see. but the RC-20XL is the big ticket item of 5 or so on the CL listing, comprising the biggest chunk of the M5 budget.

wut do.

• Members

i should have added: i dont use the RC-20XL. ever.

it is being offed for the M5 fund. never touched a DD-20. but i like crazy delays. however the M5 has crazy delays. and i already have the DMM, which covers my delay needs already anyway.

point being, i know i want the M5. is doing this trade and setting my M5 fund back worth it.

TL/DR: how badass is the DD-20, really>?

• Members

DD20 is like the PBR of the big delay pedals. It won't wow you, its just kinda like "uhh, delay", but it gets the job done. Sometimes, you might even crave it, who knows

This is on point.

While I don't have first hand experience with a DMM, I doubt the DD20 will be far superior to it. That being said, no harm in trying the trade if you don't use the RC20XL.

• Members

DD20 is like the PBR of the big delay pedals. It won't wow you, its just kinda like "uhh, delay", but it gets the job done. Sometimes, you might even crave it, who knows

Why would you say that? I was really looking forward to my dd-20 arriving and I really hated PBR when I tried it and now I'm all sad.

• Members

Tom you might really enjoy your DD-20 i just hated mine, at the time i had the DD-5 and a DE-7 so i didn't have any use for the thing. After a while i only used it as a looper..and a sub-par one at that.

I always liked the sound of my friends, part of the reason I got it.

Pbr gave me tummy ache rather than a happy head :(

• Members

I must be the only one who actually likes PBR:confused: And I like lots of "craft beers" normally. Oh well. My point is the DD20 will get the job done, you might even like it, but you could probably get something better for the same amount of money. The DD20 is a solid workhorse, but I don't think theres anything particularly amazing about it. Its...uhh...delay.

• Members

I must be the only one who actually likes PBR:confused: And I like lots of "craft beers" normally. Oh well. My point is the DD20 will get the job done, you might even like it, but you could probably get something better for the same amount of money. The DD20 is a solid workhorse, but I don't think theres anything particularly amazing about it. Its...uhh...delay.

I got it for

Archived