Mike Einziger gear rundown video

t-rey

• Members

I knew I could count on you two enjoying this :thu:

It's a really good watch, even if you don't particularly care for Incubus. Mike seems to really enjoy all aspects of playing guitar and how his rig is put together - I know we are biased here, but I couldn't imagine not giving a shit about gear.

• Members

Was real happy to see this. Huge Mike fanboy here. The first thing I thought when I wathed it though was, "The guys on the forums are going to have a hay-day with his pedal order. Who puts a delay first in a chain?!?!"

Oh, and I for one am NOT happy that he's playing Mesas again. From all the live clips I've heard, his tone is {censored}. Liked it MUCH better in his Marshall/Vox days.

• Members

Oh, and I for one am NOT happy that he's playing Mesas again. From all the live clips I've heard, his tone is {censored}. Liked it MUCH better in his Marshall/Vox days.

I kinda agree with you here. He sounded way better with the Marshall/Vox and Jazzmaster/SG rig. If he's using that DOD Tone Driver a lot now, it might be the cause...this pedal sounds like {censored}!

• Members

Yeah... the editing of that video was terrible. Interesting that he changed to the new Memory Man. And I kinda want to see what all the fuss is about w/ those MM necks now, but I like his AC/Plexi tone best too. Or the rectos he was using circa Make Yourself.

• Members

I kinda agree with you here. He sounded way better with the Marshall/Vox and Jazzmaster/SG rig. If he's using that DOD Tone Driver a lot now, it might be the cause...this pedal sounds like {censored}!

IIRC, I read an interview with him several years ago during the marshall/jazzmaster era rig, and it said he used a tone driver then too. I was confused, I thought that was a pretty {censored}ty pedal to be using with such a nice rig.

Archived