Dear Line 6...

ben_allison

• Members

Rich how we coming with M9/13 updates?

The last major update was 10/8/09. 3 years ago.

At the very least, can we get Global Tap Tempo? It really is essential when moving between scenes on stage. Seriously.

A few other things are pretty crucial too; option to add a "hold" option so that the tuner doesn't get inadvertently activated when hitting switches simultaneously, the option to have scene PC's start at 1 or 0, option to have numerical read outs everywhere, a "swap" effects feature to make moving things around less clumsy.

Please prove all the people wrong who said this would become abandonware.

And if you won't do it, just release the code and let us figure it out. :cool:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. As much as I love the pedal, its sad that Rich is a no-show around here (in comparison to the fabulous DigitechRep), and its even more sad how Line 6 has let the dust gather on the M series project. I'm sure they're working on their "next big thing", but the fact that things were promised and weren't delivered is a punch in the face to us all who have been patiently waiting, let alone those who bought the damn MIDI to USB cables to update the thing thinking we would get more than what we've got already.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LINE 6 STOP {censored}ING AROUND. YOU GUYS ARE {censored}ING HORRIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING YOUR WORD.

• Members

Unfortunately looks like this ship has sailed. Line 6 has left this thing a bit half baked.

Global tap tempo as well as a kill-dry function in the setup menu would have been great features. There's also still some volume boost issues with some of the modulation fx (pitch vibrato and the 80A flanger models in particular) that needed to be fixed.

• Members

Agreed. As much as I love the pedal, its sad that Rich is a no-show around here (in comparison to the fabulous DigitechRep), and its even more sad how Line 6 has let the dust gather on the M series project. I'm sure they're working on their "next big thing", but the fact that things were promised and weren't delivered is a punch in the face to us all who have been patiently waiting, let alone those who bought the damn MIDI to USB cables to update the thing thinking we would get more than what we've got already.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LINE 6 STOP {censored}ING AROUND. YOU GUYS ARE {censored}ING HORRIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING YOUR WORD.

This

Fixes dude. Update the hardware even, those switches fail quickly.

My switches have never failed. On the MM4 and M9. :idk:

I did kind of see this happening when Rich moved over to the Variax guitars. The M9 isn't his responsibility anymore, and it's kind of pointless to keep addressing everything towards him directly. All he did was try to take all of your input into consideration and help you guys when he was in a position to do so. He no longer is really.

While support and updates ARE nice, I always make it a point to purchase based on what the product does TODAY, not what is "promised" or "hinted at" for the future.

• Members

I'm sure there'll be a new generation of m-style products soon.

Updates are nice, but how long can you expect a a company to give you free additional functions?

They promised regular updates, and most of these are really bug and usability fixes, not new features. It's reasonable to expect a manufacturer to offer updates to a product THEY ARE STILL MANUFACTURING and haven't discontinued yet.

• Members

Um......guys.......Rich doesn't work at Line 6 anymore.

Today I am "packing up my locker" to end a season in my life. I will be walking out of Line 6 on Monday after 7 amazing years to start my new career as a Mix Engineer. I am so excited for this new chapter but it is hard to let go of something that my blood flows through. I have many great friends at the 6 still and won't lose track of them, but it is still tough.

My company is Rev4 Audio. Keep me in mind if you know of anyone looking for a Mix Engineer who as mixed many diverse projects from Maroon 5, Evanescence, Wide Spread Panic, David Ruis, Jeremy Riddle, We are the World Haiti documentary, indie films, and much more. My website will be up soon and you can email me at rwrenken@gmail.com."

But global tap and midi thru would be great additions.

Archived