I slipt through a hipster vortex and came out with a beard and thick rimmed glasses

Ryan.

• Members

this weekend i walked down a quiet dark alley in san francisco into a place called hops and hominy.

the bar tender was wearing a teal v neck and had a beard and messy hair.

he mixed me a drink with lemon, mint and whisky.

he told me he didn't believe in advertising, but then suggested i look them up on facebook.

he told me i could sample some craft brews if i liked.

he told me him and the chef owned the place along with a silent partner named mark zuckersomething...

i felt dizzy and found that my opinion of music became better than yours

CSB (waste of harmony central gigabits.)

• Members

SF is supposed to have this rich Bartending historie so if that happened to me IDK how i would feel... was this place like of one those fakeassSpeakeasies...

to be honest... if you removed the bartender, the beer was good, the drinks were good and the menu looked good. it was definitely a place i'd go back to.

• Members

lemon mint and whisky sounds delicious.

What whisky?

it was. like a whiskey mojito. less sweet than a rum mojito. i can't recall the whiskey... like 1792 something.

he had us try a bourbon that he put bacon fat into. it was interesting, would make a good alcoholic breakfast.

• Members

i judge a bar strictly by its decor. i hate fakeASSpeakeasies, Hipster Brew Pubs, & Yuppie Whiskey Bars...equally...

you had a Whiskey Sour w/ Mint & this is something something to write home about ? at least put some Sugar in it & make it a proper Mint Julep yo son WTF ?

sugar?

• Members

i

you had a Whiskey Sour w/ Mint & this is something something to write home about ? at least put some Sugar in it & make it a proper Mint Julep yo son WTF ?

yeah but this mint was free range, and the lemons were squeezed using organic lemon squeezing techniques. the whiskey has a negative carbon footprint and was delivered to the bar using carts pulled by men paid a living wage.

• Members

i judge a bar strictly by its decor. i hate fakeASSpeakeasies, Hipster Brew Pubs, & Yuppie Whiskey Bars...equally...

^ here is mixing up a sidecar and a mint julep and getting neither correct

• Members

yeah but this mint was free range, and the lemons were squeezed using organic lemon squeezing techniques. the whiskey has a negative carbon footprint and was delivered to the bar using carts pulled by men paid a living wage.

i am not making fun or being cynical about fresh, organic Botanicals in mixed drinks. nor am i making fun of the Mixologist profession in general. sometimes simple cocktails are the best. sometimes the most labor-Intensive ones are mind-blowing. i mean it just depends. if you had a good drink you had a good drink i should have kept my Mouth shut...

• Members

i am not making fun or being cynical about fresh, organic Botanicals in mixed drinks. nor am i making fun of the Mixologist profession in general. sometimes simple cocktails are the best. sometimes the most labor-Intensive ones are mind-blowing. i mean it just depends. if you had a good drink you had a good drink i should have kept my Mouth shut...

• Members

i like you, friend. let me buy you a mint whiskey thing.

Archived