Happy Canadian Thankgiving!

npfrs

• Members

What exactly is Canadian Thanksgiving celebrating? Srs question. The American version is a highly fabricated folk tale but has a cool meaning nonetheless. Well?

I'm wondering this too.

I'm chinky so I'm not sure if this is representative of Canadians but we just got together and ate a turkey... :idk: we didn't even mention the word Thanksgiving, I think.

In retrospect, it's probably indeed because we're Asian so we don't give a {censored} about your gweilo customs.

(I am being facetious a little)

• Members

I'm wondering this too.

I'm chinky so I'm not sure if this is representative of Canadians but we just got together and ate a turkey...
:idk:
we didn't even mention the word Thanksgiving, I think.

In retrospect, it's probably indeed because we're Asian so we don't give a {censored} about your gweilo customs.

(I am being facetious a little)

Chink is cool now?

What the {censored}.

• Members

Cheers! We got ours out of the way on Saturday so it's been a steady diet of leftover turkey, ham, perogies, mashed potatoes and beer for the past couple of days.

you guys get pierogies on your thanksgiving?!

wtf, i think i am going to have to start celebrating it. do you guys get football games with spider/turkey hybrids too?

• Members

What exactly is Canadian Thanksgiving celebrating? Srs question. The American version is a highly fabricated folk tale but has a cool meaning nonetheless. Well?

folk tale?

from wiki:

The Order of Good Cheer, 1606 by Charles William Jefferys, (1925).

The origin of the first Thanksgiving in Canada goes back to the explorer Martin Frobisher who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Pacific Ocean. Frobisher's Thanksgiving celebration was not for harvest but was in thanks for surviving the long journey from England through the perils of storms and icebergs. In 1578, on his third and final voyage to these regions, Frobisher held a formal ceremony in Frobisher Bay in Baffin Island (present-day Nunavut) to give thanks to God and in a service ministered by the preacher Robert Wolfall they celebrated Communion

Archived