how to refinish a pedal - step one, remove old finish

RoboPimp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Skeeedy is coming out with an new muff inspired pedal--I'm sure he'd be interested in this artwork.

Oh shiz, and that dude is in Sacramento. If I can find him, I can surely convince him... It comes in custom too. Instant toan upgrade:

Vk25w.jpg

• Members

What's this pedal?

Anyone care to clue me in... I've never seen one before!

Hello new poster or established poster alt!

Some folks here were going to build a pedal from the cave dweller kit, and now they aren't.

Robopimp who makes tribal squiggle line art is bashing Renula who made the japanese tentacle art for this pedal by making this thread for subtle inside-joke dig on him to be cool on the internet.

Welcome to hcfx!

• Members

Hello new poster or established poster alt!

Some folks here were going to build a pedal from the cave dweller kit, and now they aren't.

Robopimp who makes tribal squiggle line art is bashing Renula who made the japanese tentacle art for this pedal by making this thread for subtle inside-joke dig on him to be cool on the internet.

Welcome to hcfx!

the bystanders always get it wrong

• Members

anyway, in step one, this pedal was protected by a tough epoxy coating so that is heated with a heat gun to make it soft then pried off in chunks. I use a small version used for embossing and such like this:

heat%20gun%20embossing.JPG

(this tool also works great for getting bubbles out of the epoxy when applying to the pedal)

Then use 400 grit wet sandpaper and a mild soapy water solution to gradually remove any type of ink or screen printing with minimal impact to the metal below.

now it's ready for a new print!

• Members

Bonus use for heat guns: In high school I made a decent living making acrylic bongs using a heat gun to form the stem hole area and sometimes ice twists. There was a bulk plastics and waterbed [wtf] store a few miles away that had a great acrylic tubing selection and all other parts needed minus stems and bowls. Conveniently there was a headshop in the same shopping strip.

My main innovation was a using a short guidestem that sat above the water line and a long bowlstem that reached into the water. The result was a pipe that hit like a bong and cleared like a steamroller but the obvious design flaw is grody water dripping off the stem onto you and your carpet.

CSB

• Members

what is wet sandpaper? how do ?

they make sandpaper for wet or dry situations, the paper itself holds up to being in water quite well.

This reduces the dust and mess and sands more efficiently as it helps to float away the particles and keeps the paper from getting clogged up.

• Members

store a few miles away that had a great acrylic tubing selection and all other parts needed minus stems and bowls. Conveniently there was a headshop in the same shopping strip.

My main innovation was a using a short guidestem that sat above the water line and a long bowlstem that reached into the water. The result was a pipe that hit like a bong and cleared like a steamroller but the obvious design flaw is grody water dripping off the stem onto you and your carpet.

CSB

i had one we called "Capitol Hill"

Archived