Any pro pedal builders still post here?

woolyh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

Dunwich amps is here ALL the time in the Doom room

at one point i posted 20-30 times a day in that thread but as of now its slowed down to very little for reasons highlighted in this post. However I probably wouldn't consider myself a pro-builder, i just have not been around for a long enough time

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bieke

View Post

hmmm, Howard Davis and Puretube have been posting here in 2012

dude from GhostFX joined this year

but most of the builders are gone :

Aramat (RIP)

Robert Keeley

Joe Gagan

Banzai

MI Audio

Toadworks

BenFulton (RedWitch)

Speeddemon

dot dot dot

AMZ-FX

ThunderTomate

ZVex

Hi Bieke. I'm still here, take in consideration that my posting rate is about 5 post per year and it's getting slower lately.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ToadWorks

View Post

^^^^^

This.

Ryan Dunn is mentioned BY NAME by Nancy Wilson (HEART) in the January 2013 issue of Vintage Guitar wherein she talks about his "Barracuda Flanger" that he created by collaboration with her guitarist Howard Leese - yes Nancy Wilson uses one of Toadworks pedals. Nice feather in your cap little brother. I'm coming out there so you can hook me up Bro love.gif

• Members

I guess when I started posting here (it was another account, can't even remember the username now)

I knew very little about effects, genuinely I think at that point (the boutique thing was just really kicking off)

Most users didn't have as much knowledge about the pedals because we didn't have the great YouTube reviews and reading the written reviews was a pain in the ass as you couldn't search the results very well, so every other post was how does this keeley modded X sound with Y guitar/Z amp etc it took hours to form a good opinion on if a piece of gear was right for you

The builders here definitely swayed me a couple of times with,good informative replies...

But YouTube killed the need for a lot of these threads, asking builders legit questions

So now we're just assholes to them all!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr benn

View Post

I guess when I started posting here (it was another account, can't even remember the username now)

I knew very little about effects, genuinely I think at that point (the boutique thing was just really kicking off)

Most users didn't have as much knowledge about the pedals because we didn't have the great YouTube reviews and reading the written reviews was a pain in the ass as you couldn't search the results very well, so every other post was how does this keeley modded X sound with Y guitar/Z amp etc it took hours to form a good opinion on if a piece of gear was right for you

The builders here definitely swayed me a couple of times with,good informative replies...

But YouTube killed the need for a lot of these threads, asking builders legit questions

So now we're just assholes to them all!

That's just not true. We've ALWAYS been assholes to them biggrin.gificon_lol.gifwave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects

View Post

In my case I like to post during the day and work from like 9pm to 4am. icon_lol.gif

Oh, to be young again. Once the clock hits 11pm, my body is like, "dude, time for bed, and I mean it, I am zoning out now with or without your approval"

Archived