So about this TC Flashback X4...

duncan

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DylanWilde

View Post

Does it have the ability to do octaves and reverse in looper mode?

I don't know yet.

I'm sorry...I should have given the caveat that it's a perfected DL4 insofar as the delay functions go. I never really use the looper function.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr benn

View Post

seriously!?!?

you bought a toneprint and didn't realise it could, eh...tone...print?? facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

haha!!!

lets us know how it goes tomorrow! thumb.gif

I bought this pedal because I needed a new delay pedal and this one had all the functionality I used from the DL4 but with better everything.

I knew you could download Tonrprint settings, but I didn't know about the whole pickup thing.

Stoked.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

View Post

I'll be honest, I flipped my Flasback delay because that switch felt cheap, and I didn't want to break it be {censored} out of luck with TC.

TCE's switch reputation precedes them.

Wait, aren't DL4's infamous for faulty switches? How ironic would it be if the Flashback was maligned by the same issue?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

TCE's switch reputation precedes them.

Wait, aren't DL4's infamous for faulty switches? How ironic would it be if the Flashback was maligned by the same issue?

I've never had a problem with any of their switches.. The only person I've heard complaining is Player99.

• Members

I'm reviewing one for PGS right now. It does sound really good. I don't have the original FB to compare it to, but the analog and analog w/mod modes seem better. Like really, really good analog delay, and not a sim. The Space setting was really good too. LoFi was sort of disappointing, nothing wrong with it, just wasn't that low fi sounding. The M5 has a low res setting I was expecting it to me more like, and it wasn't.

Looper was great too. I used it a lot more with the different foot switches available. And when you're in loop mode, all of the delays work too. In fact unless I'm missing something, the only way to turn them off, is to set the delay level at minimum.

Now the bad. I had the A footswitch die on me. Yep. These switches are a little different too. They look the same as the other toneprint line, but they're a bit of a softer to engage switch. So now the looper won't work, and preset A won't work.

I know Player99 is laughing, but I've never run into this before. I've had 2 HoF, a FB, Corona, Vortex, Repeater and an iBNova, all worked great. So I'll chalk this up to the odds were eventually going to catch up with me. Maybe these new switches will be easier to replace though, who knows. It will be mentioned in my review, not going to sugarcoat it.

Archived