Know anything about the Boss OD2-R?

Dolf

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Carmody

View Post

It's a discrete tubescreamer type - bass and treble roll off makes it quite middy. The turbo mode is pretty gainey. It's nothing special, but usually overlooked. Sometimes can be had for peanuts.

The dude's asking $55. Seemed like it could be a sleeper at that, which is why I was asking.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

View Post

probably less buzz and more transparent than a ds-2

I've noticed that a lot of the MIJ 80's DS-2 pedals sound more like fuzz pedals when cranked with single coils (In fact I am using one as a fuzz pedal currently). It sounds great when recording. I may have to get the turbo overdrive at some point to see what the difference is.

• Members

I have one. I like it. I use it on turbo mode for old school shoegaze type stuff and radiohead type stuff. It works well. The regular channel is your typical smooth overdrive. Not very dynamic, but I kind of like that about it. If you're looking for a good early 90s distortion sound, it works well. If you want something amplike and touch responsive, it's not what you're looking for.

• Members

OP don't do it. i bought one used for like $20 and it wasn't even worth that. pretty garbagy, very quiet, doesn't even let you boost really. mostly sounds like garbage. i even found some obscure mod someone made for it to make it go louder and a bit better and got the parts and installed it but even then it was still pretty bad.

Archived