What's the dreamiest, most natural sounding modulated delay under $125? $80?

cobalt-60

• Members

It's all in the title. Don't know when the Hell I'll be able to start dropping cash on pedals again, but I gotta have something to shoot for. All this Echorec talk has me itching. I'm thinking the Memory Boy. It's got a lot going for it. Man, I remember in 2002 when you could snag a working Copicat for $165 off eBay. I got a Shen Ei Companion Fuzzwah for $50 then. I'm still not sure if I should drop my v2 Small Stone. I got an awesome deal on it, but I'm not sure if I want to keep a phaser. I really want it for synth work thought, whenever I'll have the money for one of those. I always tell myself "you can't sell Jimi Hendrix". He never used one, but I sum up the space age swoosh and instant mojo of it with the pure concentrated coolness of Jimi Hendrix.

I think my rig is going to be

EHX Wah > MXR 108 Fuzz > Memory Boy > Sansamp 2 > Art Tube Preamp > PA

Or I may substitute for Expression Factory (wah, fuzz, +whammy, flanger, phase, and reverb pad, but digital and hokey) , Digidelay (cheap looper and reverse, less sexy modulated delay tho), or if money magically comes, Digitech Time Bender.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt-60

View Post

It's all in the title. Don't know when the Hell I'll be able to start dropping cash on pedals again, but I gotta have something to shoot for. All this Echorec talk has me itching.

I'm thinking the Memory Boy. It's got a lot going for it. Man, I remember in 2002 when you could snag a working Copicat for $165 off eBay. I got a Shen Ei Companion Fuzzwah for $50 then.

Or I may substitute for Expression Factory (wah, fuzz, +whammy, flanger, phase, and reverb pad, but digital and hokey) , Digidelay (cheap looper and reverse, less sexy modulated delay tho), or if money magically comes, Digitech Time Bender.

You may still be able to find a digitech pds20/20 multiplay for around $125.

Awesome modulated delay (and looper, flange, chorus). Truly awesome pedal.

• Members

View Post

It's all in the title. Don't know when the Hell I'll be able to start dropping cash on pedals again, but I gotta have something to shoot for. All this Echorec talk has me itching.

I'm thinking the Memory Boy. It's got a lot going for it. Man, I remember in 2002 when you could snag a working Copicat for $165 off eBay. I got a Shen Ei Companion Fuzzwah for $50 then.

• Members

View Post

• Members

God, that PDS loop mode sounds dirty and strange. On the other hand, the Time Bender is a psychedelic arpeggiator. I really want to play one of those Korg Duotribes through it. The little blue pocket synth. On the other, other hand, I love the mix of diversity and simplicity in the Memory Boy.

Grrr. It hurts. If only my stupid car didn't die. Or there were rooms for rent on the bus route. Being poor here sucks.

Archived