Brits: Ear Plugs needed

Elessar [Sly]

• Members

The foam ones are rubbish if you actually want to hear what you sound like but if it's all you can get then beggars can't be choosers. I'd see if you can get to a music store, there's a better chance that you'll at least get a set of "Heroes" or Etymotic/ACS/Elacin ER-20s (they come under those brands) which are perfectly useable for musicians.

Do avoid the Alpine Musicsafe ones though - three of us in the band have tried them, and three of us have found them to sound totally {censored}. It's like listening from down a well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

The foam ones are rubbish if you actually want to hear what you sound like but if it's all you can get then beggars can't be choosers. I'd see if you can get to a music store, there's a better chance that you'll at least get a set of "Heroes" or Etymotic/ACS/Elacin ER-20s (they come under those brands) which are perfectly useable for musicians.

Do avoid the Alpine Musicsafe ones though - three of us in the band have tried them, and three of us have found them to sound totally {censored}. It's like listening from down a well.

I might have to put up with it for tomorrow, then get a proper pair from online. Also, my left ear is a funny shape due to a birth mark, so I'll have to look around *facepalm*.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

Thanks Mel! will the standard travel foam ear plugs work?

..... don't ask me, the only time I've ever used ear plugs was at MBV and only then for the end of 'you made me realise' biggrin.gif

....sorry, what was that??? wink.gif

• Members

If you're serious about protecting your hearing and still want to be able to hear what you're playing without losing any of the frequency range, invest some cash in ACS Custom Fit Ear Plugs. They're custom fitted to your ears (mine were done at Boots the Chemist) and are available in various dB reduction levels. I went for the -25dB option as we play loud and they are excellent.

They're not cheap, but they've stopped my tinnitus from getting any worse. For the cost of a couple of effects pedals (which you probably don't need anyway), take the right steps to protect your hearing.

Trust me, tinnitus and hearing loss is a seriously debilitating condition and when I see people standing right in front of our PA at gigs, it now makes me wince.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jonPhillips

View Post

If you're serious about protecting your hearing and still want to be able to hear what you're playing without losing any of the frequency range, invest some cash in ACS Custom Fit Ear Plugs. They're custom fitted to your ears (mine were done at Boots the Chemist) and are available in various dB reduction levels. I went for the -25dB option as we play loud and they are excellent.

They're not cheap, but they've stopped my tinnitus from getting any worse. For the cost of a couple of effects pedals (which you probably don't need anyway), take the right steps to protect your hearing.

Trust me, tinnitus and hearing loss is a seriously debilitating condition and when I see people standing right in front of our PA at gigs, it now makes me wince.

Which model did you get?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

I'ma wanting a pair of these for christmas!

I was thinking the Pro 20's http://www.acscustom.com/uk/index.ph...=103&Itemid=86

Quote Originally Posted by jonPhillips

View Post

ER25.

Believe me, they're worth every penny.

I have an audition/rehearsal for a band tomorrow so I'll have to get cheapy stuff right now, but if it works out I'll defo get some of these. This thread is now on my subscriptions (Y).

Archived