Picked up a Dream Crusher

t-rey

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Detailed comparison to Hoof and Tone Reaper plz.

Someone else will have to do that for you, but I'd imagine the quality is going to be the same. The hoof is made to do muff tones and the Tone Reaper is a tone bender style fuzz..so they're not going to sound much alike.

• Members

View Post

Someone else will have to do that for you, but I'd imagine the quality is going to be the same. The hoof is made to do muff tones and the Tone Reaper is a tone bender style fuzz..so they're not going to sound much alike.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

You're welcome. I think there's definitely one in my future. I traded the GE FF that I had gotten from Nick @ Dunwich for a black russian muff which I'm using as my main dirt, but I still want a FF on my board and I think this is definitely the best one out there right now. If the Eric Johnson FF wasn't so huge I'd rock that one but I need the board space.

Yeah...I'm seriously regretting not actually owning a fuzz face until now.

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

Im getting a custom OxFuzz II Ge. Cant wait to rip on that and compare to the EQD DC

Nice! Did you pick up a Dream Crusher as well?

View Post

Never played the Hoof, but had a Tone Reaper for a while. I had a small box one (which is hybrid I think). At lower gain they could probably serve the same purpose, but at higher gain the Dream Crusher is a {censored}ing monster with all sorts of hugeness and low end. The Tone Reaper has a good amount of gain and sounds pretty big...but not like the Dream Crusher. It has been like 3 years since I had the Tone Reaper, so my memory is most likely failing me on some points.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt-60

View Post

What's with the skulls and crap? A Dream Crusher should have pregnant women and cubicles on it. icon_lol.gif

YES.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

You're welcome. I think there's definitely one in my future. I traded the GE FF that I had gotten from Nick @ Dunwich for a black russian muff which I'm using as my main dirt, but I still want a FF on my board and I think this is definitely the best one out there right now. If the Eric Johnson FF wasn't so huge I'd rock that one but I need the board space.

Yeah...I'm seriously regretting not actually owning a fuzz face until now.

View Post

Im getting a custom OxFuzz II Ge. Cant wait to rip on that and compare to the EQD DC

Nice! Did you pick up a Dream Crusher as well?

View Post

Never played the Hoof, but had a Tone Reaper for a while. I had a small box one (which is hybrid I think). At lower gain they could probably serve the same purpose, but at higher gain the Dream Crusher is a {censored}ing monster with all sorts of hugeness and low end. The Tone Reaper has a good amount of gain and sounds pretty big...but not like the Dream Crusher. It has been like 3 years since I had the Tone Reaper, so my memory is most likely failing me on some points.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt-60

View Post

What's with the skulls and crap? A Dream Crusher should have pregnant women and cubicles on it. icon_lol.gif

YES.

• Members

View Post

Pretty sure the guitar player from Yob had a custom pedal by them. I'm like 90 percent sure of this and that thing was {censored}ing crushing.

• Members

View Post

Pretty sure the guitar player from Yob had a custom pedal by them. I'm like 90 percent sure of this and that thing was {censored}ing crushing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by crohny

View Post

yes mike got a custom Si OxFuzz, theres a youtube clip of it from the builder Ken. I pretty much can build a Si FF to my own liking, (see Pyramid Fuzz) but Ge is another story so I left that in the hands of a capable builder.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by crohny

View Post

yes mike got a custom Si OxFuzz, theres a youtube clip of it from the builder Ken. I pretty much can build a Si FF to my own liking, (see Pyramid Fuzz) but Ge is another story so I left that in the hands of a capable builder.

Archived