Small box Memory Man Deluxe Reissue - Consensus?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the DMM with Tap Tempo that's 9 volt isn't it? I know the XO is 24 volt, because I fried another pedal accidentally with it's included power supply facepalm.gif

To answer your question, I've been through a lot of DMM's and the XO's sound good. My favorite DMM was an older 80's model with the attached power supply, and obviously, it blew away the XO. In fairness to the XO though, I've owned some of the newer big box DMM's that the XO sounded better than too. Unfortunately, I've found with DMM's that they all sound pretty different, and some are great and some not so much. The XO's are at least fairly consistent in sound/quality though.

• Members

It's the DMM with Tap Tempo that's 9 volt isn't it? I know the XO is 24 volt, because I fried another pedal accidentally with it's included power supply facepalm.gif

To answer your question, I've been through a lot of DMM's and the XO's sound good. My favorite DMM was an older 80's model with the attached power supply, and obviously, it blew away the XO. In fairness to the XO though, I've owned some of the newer big box DMM's that the XO sounded better than too. Unfortunately, I've found with DMM's that they all sound pretty different, and some are great and some not so much. The XO's are at least fairly consistent in sound/quality though.

• Members

^ that's pretty much the most important thing. I tried a lot of 90's big box reissue and they all sound different. Dunno if it is related to calibration or whate else. The XO are tried, all sounded the same, very very good.

Can't speak for the new version at 9v, though!

• Members

^ that's pretty much the most important thing. I tried a lot of 90's big box reissue and they all sound different. Dunno if it is related to calibration or whate else. The XO are tried, all sounded the same, very very good.

Can't speak for the new version at 9v, though!

• Members

man, i caught the DMM bug somehow. Never really wanted one, but now i've decided its time to try one out. Hoping for a big box, but the new XOs are cheaper eh? and smaller and more convenient, but - the moaj frown.gif

is the max delay time longer on the XOs too?

• Members

man, i caught the DMM bug somehow. Never really wanted one, but now i've decided its time to try one out. Hoping for a big box, but the new XOs are cheaper eh? and smaller and more convenient, but - the moaj frown.gif

is the max delay time longer on the XOs too?

• Members

I have to say that despite the fact that the Nova Repeater has been an excellent pedal and it has a lot of options, I still want to check out the Deluxe Memory Man at some point. Many of my favourite guitarists have used it.

Archived