When the hell did JC-120's get so damn expensive?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

TOM pls! just 2 days ago you were telling me to get teh 120 over the 77.

For the price that one was going for, yes haha. The 77 is just a more casually reasonable amp wattage/size in comparison.

• Members

View Post

TOM pls! just 2 days ago you were telling me to get teh 120 over the 77.

For the price that one was going for, yes haha. The 77 is just a more casually reasonable amp wattage/size in comparison.

• Members

View Post

also, what is with all the Jazz Chorus hype lately? marvelous mapz

I dunno. the thread about the 77 came up and I immediately got JC gas for the first time ever after never giving them a second thought. I'm thinking it'd sound cool in stereo with an AC-30 running dirty? How do JC's take dirt pedals?

• Members

View Post

also, what is with all the Jazz Chorus hype lately? marvelous mapz

I dunno. the thread about the 77 came up and I immediately got JC gas for the first time ever after never giving them a second thought. I'm thinking it'd sound cool in stereo with an AC-30 running dirty? How do JC's take dirt pedals?

• Members

I love my JC-120. I've been on a big 80s kick for the past year (The Cure, Siouxie, Bauhaus, etc..) and the JC-120 is the consummate amp for those sounds.

The one that I have is from the early 80s and supposedly those amps are the cream of the crop. They went through a phase where they changed speakers from the silver coned ones to something else, and those amps don't sound the same.

• Members

I love my JC-120. I've been on a big 80s kick for the past year (The Cure, Siouxie, Bauhaus, etc..) and the JC-120 is the consummate amp for those sounds.

The one that I have is from the early 80s and supposedly those amps are the cream of the crop. They went through a phase where they changed speakers from the silver coned ones to something else, and those amps don't sound the same.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

View Post

Depends on the dirt pedal you're putting into it. You probably don't want to run a transparent/uncompressed overdrive or a distortion that doesn't have it's own character. You more or less get out what you put in.

Archived