The "FUZZ" Lounge

fuzzface71

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzface_71

I just hoped that.. it will atleast cover every fuzz tone out there!
:D
Then again not bad..imagine buying 5 types of fuzz pedals for $100 each. Here you have more fuzztones and a better re-sale value?
:)

That's the way I look at it. But still ($500 Can) for a fuzz pedal is a lot of dough.........(never say never, fuzzface_71:D )

point taken....I'm gonna be ordering my China Fuzz this week, and may get a Foxey Fuzz in the future and those two will put me pretty close...I'd be saying something to think about, but apparently scoring a Big Cheese for $350 isn't happening these days

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll burst into the Lounge thinking I'm cool by toting a Big Cheese...
I'll soon figure out that half the people here have one.
I'll blush and slink into a corner.

And then I'll pipe up that i can get a neat Neil Young grungetone in the first mode.

I recently had a dying battery and all modes sounded like the cheese wedge mode.

• Members

I love the new drapes:) Didn't I see this place on Trading Spaces?Fuzz is the word. The only way to go. I'd rather hve fuzz than OD, anyday.

My name is Joe and I am a Fuzzaholic. I have a Fulltone '69, Addrock Geranium(it rules!)Frantone HepCat and an Addrock Electric Smile(OCtave Fuzz). I think I'm set fora while, though I would love a Big Cheese or a NVN DinoFuzz.

• Members

Originally posted by KozMcCharlie

I

As far as the greatest fuzz song ever???

No Quarter by Led Zep... buzzy psychedelic trip to wonderland fuzz... just what fuzz should be...

SWEET!!! Someone who agrees with me!!! That song began my obsession with FUZZ! I just heard that horribly digusting noise and I knew I HAD to have it!

• Members
Originally posted by ShatteredMindofBob

SWEET!!! Someone who agrees with me!!! That song began my obsession with FUZZ! I just heard that horribly digusting noise and I knew I HAD to have it!

Well you should've gotten the MJM Brit-Bender instead of the Foxey if you really love that "No Quarter" fuzz.

BTW the fuzz that made me a believer of the fuzz face was from the Jayhawks "Hollywood Town Hall" and Tomorrow The Green Grass"

Waiting For The Sun (solo)
Take me With You when You Go (solo)
Martin's Song (solo)
Miss William's Guitar (solo)

Sweet germanium fuzzface...it made me go and find the perfect fuzz...Sadly it wasn't Hendrix that led me to the fuzz face.:(

• Members

Well you should've gotten the MJM Brit-Bender instead of the Foxey if you really love that "No Quarter" fuzz.

BTW the fuzz that made me a believer of the fuzz face was from the Jayhawks "Hollywood Town Hall" and Tomorrow The Green Grass"

Waiting For The Sun (solo)

Take me With You when You Go (solo)

Martin's Song (solo)

Miss William's Guitar (solo)

Sweet germanium fuzzface...it made me go and find the perfect fuzz...Sadly it wasn't Hendrix that led me to the fuzz face.
:(

I keep hearing the Brit-Bender compared to the first Zeppelin album...which doesn't sound all that fuzzy to me, No Quarter is this insane otherworldly sound...I think someone told me Page had Roger Mayer doing custom fuzzes for him at that point in his career, I dunno.

anyway...I wouldn't worry about the Hendrix thing, he DOES have one of my favorite guitar tones, but I don't really consider it to be all that fuzzy, he seemed to use it more to give his amp a good kick in the ass than the create tones capable of killing small animals

• Members

No Quarter's a great one, isn't it? There's always more to Led Zep's tone than just that, the production's wonderful.

I always thought that Hendix didn't get particularly dirty fuzz.

King Crimson's Robert Fripp had some particularly hairy fuzz in his heyday when his mane was still luxurious. I'll start off with "21st Century Schizoid Man". He used a Guild Big Muff-type fuzz. Any other nuggets, Crimson fans?

One other favourite is Adrian Belew (currently with Crimson and its alternate, Projekt). He gets a nasty fuzz tone with the lines on "Fish Head" on "Twang Bar King" (1983). This guy had the Big Muff, EH Graphic Fuzz and the Foxx Tone hi-octave fuzz in his arsenal during tha period.

• Members

I'm new here too. Hate to admit it but i guess i'm a fuzz junky too.
Current fuzzes: Z. Vex Machine, Fuzz factory, Frantone The Sweet and a Sobbat Fuzz Breaker I.
Yikes, my newest pedal isn't even a fuzz, it's a keely "baked" ts-9. Can i still get in?:(

• Members

Originally posted by ShatteredMindofBob

I keep hearing the Brit-Bender compared to the first Zeppelin album...which doesn't sound all that fuzzy to me, No Quarter is this insane otherworldly sound...I think someone told me Page had Roger Mayer doing custom fuzzes for him at that point in his career, I dunno.

That's true! Roger used to mod Jeff Beck's and Page's fuzz pedals. But, as soon as he worked with Hendrix he put them aside in favor of Hendrix.

• Members

Wanna own a Big Cheese?

What about an MJM Foxey Fuzz?

Heh, I'm starting to seriously think about the Big Cheese, heh, after I've gone and e-mailed Micheal about getting a China Fuzz...though....what the decision really comes down to to me is the 'Cheese Wedge' mode, since the first mode on the Big Cheese sounds like somehrting I wouldn't use and 2 and 3 sound like the 2 modes on a Super Fuzz (What the China Fuzz is a copy of)

so....all you Big Cheese guys....is the Cheese Wedge mode REALLY worth it? (and is my guess about the Super Fuzz type sound accurate, that's just what the reviews make it sound like)

• Members

It's a two knob fuzz box from the 70's. I just happened apon it on ebay for like $20. If it doesn't get here today I'm going to have a gas spaz attack!:mad::eek:

On the other hand I'm kind of scared that it'll be too cool for me and I'll just freak out and have to put it on my bored.

• Members

Well, I figure I'll announce it in here, the deal is sealed on my Big Cheese, it's getting shipped out next week.

MAD props to the dude whose selling it to me, I can't believe how {censored}ing cool this guy is, just the fact that he's giving me an amazing deal on this pedal is enough, but he actually trusts me enough to send it before getting payment...I wanted to send him half the money first and the other half once I got the pedal, just because I was a tad weary about sending a large sum of money all the way to Australia, but he said he'd save me from having to send money twice....and on TOP of that, he's gonna throw a copy of his band's CD in the box for me....like holy {censored}, I have NO idea WHAT I did to deserve this, but....damn!

• Members
Originally posted by greeny

Does this thing have true-bypass? It looks really cool. BTW did you guys noticed that they're trying to improve this thread by starting a new one?
:D

I highly doubt that it has true bypass but that wouldn't be hard to do.

No wait I'll just put it in my Super-fuzz loop; that is if they get along.

Ever had a Fuzz that acted like an only child?

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

don't feel too bad. i don't have one either. lovetone refused to return my calls or answer my emails. they refused to sell to me at all. 8^(

The Big Cheese was the only lovetone pedal that impressed me. I Should have kept one of those.

Here's the newest available fuzz :

blkcatof.jpg

It has a silicon fuzz face 1st (high gain!) and a black cat OD-1/Freddy fuzz 2nd. With both on they get CRAZY amounts of fuzz. :eek:

• Members

dod classic fuzz.......sold

green big muff..........sold

roger mayer axis fuzz.......sold

fulltone 70...............sold

70's red/black muff............sold

re-issue muff red/black.....sold

maestro fz-2.........selling

fuzz farm, local guys creation(boston)...keeping for now

mjm london fuzz............want

• Members

OK... I've never really asked a question here that was too answerable, but still... This place is clogged beyond compare. 8 pages is far too many. I'm thinking of looking at some fuzzes/fuzzy pedals again. First 3 are Flashback fuzz, FZ-2, and Vintage Rat, if not Deucetone Rat. Any other good, inexpensive fuzzes/fuzzy pedals? Not FZ-3 or Dano French toast.

• Members
Originally posted by Ineedapseudonym

OK... I've never really asked a question here that was too answerable, but still... This place is clogged beyond compare. 8 pages is far too many. I'm thinking of looking at some fuzzes/fuzzy pedals again. First 3 are Flashback fuzz, FZ-2, and Vintage Rat, if not Deucetone Rat. Any other good, inexpensive fuzzes/fuzzy pedals? Not FZ-3 or Dano French toast.

Hey man! What kind of fuzz tone are you after? What kind of amp, guitar, effects do you have? What kind of music? Maybe, we can start from here.:)

• Members

I need something that works well with Strats (soon to have EMG PUs, hopefully) and Les Pauls. I like all sorts of music, but I'm thinking somewhere between trippy fuzz and pure raunch. The Rat does raunch, but I don't know about it doing REAL fuzz. Amp is either a Peavey VT Classic or a Marshall Valvestate S80 (stereo chorus, no visible tubes). I'm modding my Crybaby at some point, I am buying a Phase 100 from Chriss, and I use several OD/Distortions. For delay, a Line 6 DL-4 and an Ibanez DM-1000 are all I need.

Archived