The "FUZZ" Lounge

fuzzface71

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good Evening Gentlemen........

A few notes on Fuzzes as they have touched me. I've owned only a few fuzzes but they have all been pretty nice.

Fuzzes I own (or have owned) are:
Fuzzfoot high gain Silicon (bc-109)
CC2 Fuzzfoot card (Hybrid)
CC2 Fuzzfoot card (Warm Silicon)
CC2 Fuzzfoot card (NKT-275)
Willis Texas Fuzz (germanium)
Fulltone Soulbender

I have liked all the fuzzes that I owned. I especially like the NKT-275 fuzz card. I got it from Analogman. It sounds great. It has all that Hendrix vibe you would expect. Not alot of fuzz though but very controllable.

The willis texas fuzz was a great find. He puts one up on ebay every so often. It's a all handmade, true bypass germanium fuzz in a MXR sized shell. It sounds great. I got it for something like $75. Great little pedal. More gain than the NKT but not as complex.

The Fuzzfoot was also another great pedal. It had a very predictable high gain sound that was actually really nice sounding. Definitely more of a metal style pedal than other fuzzes.

I also nabbed one of the warm fuzz cards from Dave Fox before he ran out of them (I think) and that too is a great fuzz. Less gain than the BC109s but a nice compromise between the high gain and the hybrid card.

I am jonesing for another nice fuzz box, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm going to reread this thread to get some ideas.

jay

• Members

Captain Coconut II
Roger Mayer Voodoo Bass Fuzz
Dunlop Reissue Fuzz

It's really the only way to enter Band of Gypsys territory. The tubescreamer thing just won't make it. I love fuzz but it is definetly an acquired taste and not the easiest tone to dial in.

Once you find the right tweak it's very holier than thou. Used with an Octavia you are one with Jimi!:D

• Members

In a short while I will be finally building my Fuzz menagerie! What I plan to do is get a large hammond enclosure and house 5 different homemade fuzz pedals in it. The list goes like this:

Mosrite Fuzzrite
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Colorsound Tonebender
Jordan Bosstone
3ms Fuzz Jade

What I need from you guys is suggestions on the order they should go in, each will still have in/out jacks (ala CC2) but I need a few bits of advice on this one.

FtG

• Members

Originally posted by mesabooger

I've heard one and the sound is pretty close to the one I have.

I posted a clip in the one of the posts above. They are both very nasty...

Thank you for the clip, what settings was you fuzz on? If it was full then it doesn

• Members

Bleary eyed I stumble in to the lounge. Soiled suit, tie undone, but still knotted, the smell of ozone from burning circuit boards wafting around my disheveled mop. I approach the bartender, cause the waitress won't touch me with a ten foot pole. The bouncer gives me the eye, but realizes that I'm done. I'm a fuzz addict/whore/junky....and the group at Fuzzaholics Anonymous says "Hi Us2bslim"....let me tell you my story....

current:
MJM London Fuzz (Ge)
P.E. Experience
MJM Brit Bender (Ge)(this and the London switch out from time to time)
Dano Frenchtoast

The long and sordid list of fuzzes goneby:
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Fulltone 70
Bixonic Expandora
Tech 21 XXL
VL Bosstone
USA Big Muff Pi
Kendrick Buffalo Pfuz
RAT2 (some would argue, but I think its' a fuzz)
Line 6 DM4

Current setup
Pedal_board.jpg

Fuzzface 71, do you have a good email address for the MJM guy? The yahoo address is bad.

• Members

i have a big muff pi... everyone knows that one..
the other one i have is an ibanez standard fuzz.. i took me awhile to get a decent sound of this one... it has a serious octave up thing going on... i use this with an ovation ukII and a solidstate marshall slightly distorted already, volume of geetar on 6... then it delivers good sounding chords and decent palmmuting sounds... it sounds terrible with a wah... if you hit the first 3 strings you can solicitated for a job with nine inch nails... it's like the sound of 1000 steel bars fallen compressed into a sound sample of 10 secs... i use it for a garagerock kinda sound.. as i said to an asshole in a bar once "fuzz you, you fuzzing motherfuzzer".. enjoy

• Members

FUZZ:since '96

Boss Hyper Fuzz:3 mode Fuzz Box,The buzz of a sexually repressed bee can be heard in mode one, Mode two exhibits Big meaty globs of gain, The third mode is a gain boost for those that don't get the first two or would rather not annoy their bandmate's or audience by channeling the 70's for a whole set.(MODE 1&2 are simular to the tone switch on the Univox Super-fuzz)

Big Muff PI: When I had one of these(mid 70's) I was pleased with the over the top sustain/distortion effect. The filter has the widest sweep on earth! Mixing this effect with digital effects like the DC-3 or the EH-2 only make this thing sound better(Like the future).

Sekova Frizzy Fuzz: Simular design to the 70's LB-1,Mole, Muff Fuzz). Mine doesn't work:(

Univox SUPER-FUZZ: Amazing,Loud,Big, Orange, just a few words used to describe the Univox Super-Fuzz. Aside form seeing a rise in interest during the Alt. era this pedal has held it's cult status by producing Insane high gain tones that sustain as long as needed to send your addiance into a psychadelic trance.
The down side is that it's very picky about it's order in an effects chain and it hates gate's and buffered effects

• Members

The current fuzz arsenal:
Lovetone Big Cheese
Roland BeeBaa
Crews Maniac Sound Taco 8
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Zvex Octane 3
Fuzzface (Ivor Arbiter version RI)
PE Experience (swirl)
PI logo Big Muff
Dano French Toast
Shin-Ei Companion
Supa Tonebender

Some day:
Park fuzz sound
Barnes & Mullins Shatterbox
Shaftesbury Duo Fuzz
Ibanez Standard Fuzz
Fender Blender
Swollen Pickle
Univox Superfuzz

• Members

You have a fine collection...

Mine is currently:

Roland BeeBaa
DOD Classic Fuzz
French Toast
DOD Buzz Box
Maxon Wau Wau Fuzz (apparently same fuzz circuit as Ibanez 'Standard fuzz')

I'd love a maestro or a superfuzz someday, as well as maybe a tonebender clone, or another obscuro thing from the 70's to sit next to my BeeBaa and Wau Fuzz. Maybe a UMI buzztone of an acetone fuzzmaster. God knows how they sound, but I love the names!

Archived