OT: The Ultimate "Vox AC30 re-issue" Thread!!

• Members

Hi guys,
I've owned my ac30cc2 for about 3 months now an absolutely LOVE IT.
I bought her second hand out of a music shop.. Yesterday I was driving the topboost channel at 3 o clock and the master at 9 so she was running pretty hot. On top of that I was running a RAT distortion.

Suddenly while i was playing the volume cut in half!:confused:
After a couple of seconds it came back. But there is now a permanent crackle...:cry:
Even when my guitar is unplugged, she still crackles.
Is this my fault, for driving it too hard with too much distortion?
Did the tubes break? Did any of you encounter this problem?
I have no idea what happenened please help!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I just saw someone selling a Korg Vox AC30 TBX (Blue Speakers), locally for $2000.

I want my old VOX AC30 tone back...
:(

Is that a good price (9 out 10) ? I sold mine for $1,500 in 2005.

That's a mad price in my opinion. Over here, secondhand AC30TBX's go for

• Members
Cool! Is that a 1X12?

Yep it is indeed. I went for the 1x12 thinking that it would be light enough to get into my converted attic :cry: Not a chance of that though. The tubes have all been upgraded, plus a copper cap put in to replace the rectifier. The speaker is still stock, though in time it'll likely be replaced with a Celestion Gold. It's not a top priority right now as I'm very happy with how the amp sounds at the moment.

• Members
Yep it is indeed. I went for the 1x12 thinking that it would be light enough to get into my converted attic
:cry:
Not a chance of that though. The tubes have all been upgraded, plus a copper cap put in to replace the rectifier. The speaker is still stock, though in time it'll likely be replaced with a Celestion Gold. It's not a top priority right now as I'm very happy with how the amp sounds at the moment.

Sweet. The 1X12 was my other option, but I got a good deal on a 2X12. To date it's gonna be my second Vox AC30. :)

• Members

Sweet. The 1X12 was my other option, but I got a good deal on a 2X12. To date it's gonna be my second Vox AC30.
:)

Congrats, Kirk! :thu:

I'll be interested to hear what you make of the CC compared to your memories of the old TBX. There's a slightly different feel to it, not better or worse, just different. Feels to me like there's a touch more gain from the preamp of the CCs, a little more bite from the normal channel with a tighter bass too. Plus their added features, which all work nicely with the exception of reverb, you've got a great amp there mate.

• Members
Congrats, Kirk!
:thu:

I'll be interested to hear what you make of the CC compared to your memories of the old TBX. There's a slightly different feel to it, not better or worse, just different. Feels to me like there's a touch more gain from the preamp of the CCs, a little more bite from the normal channel with a tighter bass too. Plus their added features, which all work nicely with the exception of reverb, you've got a great amp there mate.

Thanks!

My tele would be happy to sing with his new cousin.

IMG_0756.jpg

And here's his old brother before they part ways in 2005.

lovers.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived