New "Post Pictures You've Taken" Thread

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh hell yes!!! 1.2. i was awaiting your NEW 1.2 day!

what scanner do you use? i'm about to buy one. I think the Epson V something series. It's around $150 i think.

I can get film processed at about 2.50 a pop. And i figure the scanner will end up paying for itself.

edit. Also taking note of film. I'll be ordering some film soon once i go through this "grocery store" fuji that's expired. I recently got a 35mm Holga. I'd love an old school nikon but.. Cash is going to other places.

I'm using the peson v500. even the 300 I used to have gave good results, but the 500 also has a bit of dust reduction via ifnrared channel. that said, I remove more dust simple by wiping the film & the scanner's glass with a microfiber cloth ever 3-4 scans or so, than I do with the in-scanner dust reduction.

also, I use silverfast instead of the peson software. it's got some great features! better control over your scanner, multisampling, better dynamic range stuff.

2.50 is cheap!

grocery store fuji is still pretty good! I've often been surprised by the results!

• Members

I'm using the peson v500. even the 300 I used to have gave good results, but the 500 also has a bit of dust reduction via ifnrared channel. that said, I remove more dust simple by wiping the film & the scanner's glass with a microfiber cloth ever 3-4 scans or so, than I do with the in-scanner dust reduction.

also, I use silverfast instead of the peson software. it's got some great features! better control over your scanner, multisampling, better dynamic range stuff.

2.50 is cheap!

grocery store fuji is still pretty good! I've often been surprised by the results!

good to hear that your using the scanner i've picked out.

Yeah 2.50-4.00 is what i was quoted at. it's at an actual shop. All the other places were like 5.00 for develop and required cd or 5x4 prints for a total of 10 a roll. Fail.

edit:

bahh. i keep forgetting things to say. i also read that "silverfast" or w/e that program is called is worth a try over the software that comes with it.

a friend of mine has one and he loves it, his images are rather impressive.

I mainly want this for black and whites. I hate digital black and white.

I miss my Ilford hp5 so badly.

• Members

did I really typo "peson" instead of epson TWICE in a post?

:freak:

ilford HP5 is great!
I got myself a couple rolls of ilford 3200 for this week's godspeed gigs. finally get to take the 1.2 out for a real test!

• Members

I don't like HP5, it has such muddy tones and doesn't look very good IMO (although I do like it when it's pushed a few stops). I'm a Tri-X man myself.

Tape, I'm so jelly of your 1.2. I have serious GAS for a 1.2 for my Nikon bodies, but I don't really even need it. I have another medium format camera in the mail somewhere and I'll have to sell my other one because two is too much for me as I'll be at 5 cameras once that gets here. :lol:

• Members

So here's a few I've taken with my Canon A630 P&S. The originals are much larger. I've been shopping around for a digital SLR, but I can't swing dropping a grand plus on what I'd want.

Danny Chauncey from .38 Speciial
IMG_0208smallENH.jpg

A lobster buoy washed up at low tide... Hampton Beach NH.

IMG_1522SMALLENH.jpg

Fire In The Sky..... December 2010

IMG_3474SM.jpg

Food prOn..... made and consumed by yours' truly.

Italian appetizer plate
IMG_2859SMENH.jpg

Yes you can has a cheeseburger...
IMG_3528SMENH.jpg

Making mussels Fra Diavolo....
IMG_2987SMENH.jpg

And a bit of BBQ off my WSM, this is a 4 inch thick New York cut sirloin.

IMG_3357SMENH2.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goaway

View Post

wow that looks so surreal

Quote Originally Posted by Mistersuperfly

View Post

See, this is the kind of HDR I can get into...

Quote Originally Posted by parrotheada1a

View Post

Fantastic shot! That looks like it could be a still out of a movie like Harry Potter or LOTR.

Cheers guys. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The moon, sunday evening, through the eyepiece of my telescope (wish i had an adapter, it's on my shopping list but I need some better eyepieces first, the ones that came with the scope are garbage). I was trying so hard to get it lined up centrally and keep the camera lens close-to-the-eyepiece-but-not-touching; this is the best I could do biggrin.gif

wgZ1o.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived