Digitech GSP 1101

lespaul1964

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dougsthang,

Any news on when the firmware will be generally available, as opposed to beta? Same question relative to the associated version of X-Edit for Windows?

Many of us have been waiting for what seems a very long time; any update or insight as to how much longer we need to wait will be appreciated by all of us...

Thanks!

• Members

As I mentioned previously,,

I updated my X-edit and 1101 through http://www.mustbebeta.com/ like many others here have I'm sure.. The new X-edit works just fine with the update..

And it's easy to go back if you desire. I did once just to check.. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Digitech to release an official update.. This may be the closest we get..

• Members

I updated my X-edit and 1101 through
The new X-edit works just fine with the update..

And it's easy to go back if you desire. I did once just to check.. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Digitech to release an official update.. This may be the closest we get..

Thanks, Axeslinger!! I did see your previous post, but I was hoping that Digitech was closer to an "official" release so I thought I would try to get Dougsthang's attention.

Just checked out the "unofficial" beta site and am considering uploading the latest beta to my unit.

Thanks again!

• Members

Yeah GuitarDisciple, I was extremely leery to DL and install the Beta version of the update. I was afraid I'd lose my saved patches(you will from the unit,not from a file on your PC) and I was afraid X-edit would no longer be an option.. The upgrade works great for me and the X-edit works just as well as the original.. The only way I know it's not an official Digitech release is the X-Edit2._ on the orange opening screen.. Otherwise, everything works the same.. I've only been using it a few days but my hat's off to the gent that made this possible because it appears Digitech has an official release on the back burner:cry:

This is the first Digitech product I've liked since the 2101:D

• Members

One thing to remember with the X-Edit beta versions is that it doesn't allow editing of all of the new parameters. It will store and recall those parameters though. So with all of the beta versions be sure to go through the menus on the unit too!

As far as the official release, it may be a while... I don't have any official info, but with the economy and how things are at digitech the new release seems to be on the backburner... I only hope that the official release, when it comes out, will have the things that we all want in it! The betas do work really well though, and likely are better than the official release would have been in terms of added feaures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Beta Version 33 is up on the web site. The admin didn't have time to post all of the info on the top of the page like he usually does but if you scroll down you will see it.

Here is his release notes for C32, I think C33 modified one of the added parameters slightly:

vC32
added series/parallel config, added mod, delay, reverb pans
added menu to kill mod, delay, reverb dry levels
official tweak to the whammy, pitch etc.
added dry level param to reverb
added series/parallel mode
added pan controls for cho/fx, delay and reverb

• 1 month later...
  • Members

After reading every page of this thread and jonesing for an 1101 for about a year I finally got mine last night and I'm like a kid on Christmas day!

Mine's still stock with 2.0 and I'll probably upgrade as I get more familiar with it.
Does upgrading wipe out your presets?

Anyone have problems with the GSP's CAT5 connector getting loose?
You have to really push down on the tab to release the connector, I may make up some CAT5's with the tab removed so the cable comes out easier.
As luck would have it my company makes CAT5 cables for cell cite updates.
We have tons of them around!

• Members

Thanks, hey do you know how the CC's are mapped out on the Control 2?
I know FC4 is the "control" footswitch I was wondering if they had precise locations like the Control one.

I had my ValveFX for 10years and could program it in a coma, I know I'll get there with the 1101, I just wish I had a week off to enjoy it.
I already have about 10 pathes set up, and I'm good to go for this weekends' gig.

• Members

The only assignable switches are the Control switch and the volume pedal which is "controller 2 (FC Pedal 1)"

With the latest beta firmware version you can override the default control 2 settings and use it like a midi controller, but then you have to map each and every switch for each and every patch. I personally would just stick with the control 2 default (either 5 or 10 patch mode) The simplicity of the control 2 is why you probably bought it instead of a general midi controller in the first place.

BTW the beta version has a lot more options and is slightly more confusing, so you may want to get use to the unit with V2.0 before making the leap, although a lot of the options are transparent unless you are looking for them...

• Members

Yup, the dedicated pedal is the way to go, I like the way it's mapped out.
I was having some difficulty assigning the footpedal as a volume control, although it does work in one patch.
I have the control set up as a volume boost for solos in each channel.
nothing a little time with the unit won't fix!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hi,

Thanks for the info everyone. I looked but I didn't see anywhere if you could use a Behringer FBC1010 to operate in the 5 patch/effect off-on mode as does the Ground Control 2. Seems like you could as you have 10 pedals on the Behringer. Is this possible? I already own a Behringer pedal and don't want to drop $300 on a Ground Control 2 if I can use the Behringer in the 5 patch/effect off-on mode.

Thanks!!

• Members

I am now using it with a Rocktron midi mate, 10 presets or program changes per bank also. In the past I have used the 1101 with the FBC1010 and it has worked very well. From what I understand, some parameters are easier to manipulate with the GC2, but it is certainly compatible with other midi pedalboards including the Behringer.

• Members

Hi Guys,
I just bought a GSP1101 yesterday, got it home and found a major bummer of a problem (for I how I'm used to working). Sorry if this topic has been covered by someone else, but this thread is too huge to weed through.

The major bummer is that they put all the cool effects in one module: Chorus/FX. I like to work in a "stompbox" mode, and I use one of the original DMC Ground Control units, where the top row sends MIDI CC's and the bottom row sends MIDI PC's. The way I worked with my Rocktron and T.C. units is that I had the top row set up to turn on/off individual effects within a single preset:
Button 1 = Turn on/off Octaver
Button 2 = Turn on/off Flanger
Button 3 = Turn on/off Chorus
Button 4 = Turn on/off Phaser
Button 5 = Turn on/off Tremolo

Problem is, all these effects are in one module, so you can't turn any individually on or off. Does this mean I have to set up a seperate preset for each effect?

I thought maybe one way around it would be to map the "Model" parameter to an expression link via a MIDI CC's to change the model on the fly, but this isn't possible.

I've never ran all these effects at one time (well, except an octaver and flanger), so its not a problem that these effects are grouped together. I just want to be able to turn them on/off individually. Anybody have a solution? This is MAJOR BUMMER to me about this unit. Sounds better than my Xpression and G-Major, but this control issue really sucks.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

hi, I'm new to racks and midi, I'm thinking of getting the gsp1101 and had a few questions;

1. Can the 1101 control patches on a midi preamp?

2. If not, how can you change the midi preamp patch and the 1101 patch with the click of 1 footswitch?

3. If using a preamp then could you plug the stereo outs of the 1101 and plug them direcly into a stereo power amp, thus making a stereo system?

Sorry if these are simple questions, but i have a simple mind!!?!?

Archived