Digitech GSP 1101

lespaul1964

• Members
Every time I adjust the delay subdivisions on one preset, the BPM and subdivisions of the delay blocks on all presets have been affected, e.g., I was tinkering with the LFO1 late last week, assigned it to delay subdivisions with one preset, and then found that all presets had delays with 410 or 416 BPM and dotted quarter note subdivisions. I discovered that delay parameters on unedited presents aren't permanently affected, but their delay settings sound altered until I restart the unit. Both user and factory presets are affected after I change the subdivision setting on any preset, even if I don't save a preset with the new subdivision setting. Unedited presets seemed to retain their original BPM settings more recently, but still did not echo with the correct subdivision value. Is this a programming code issue or is there some parameter I need to adjust? Will I have to reload C48 to correct the problem? If so, should I make backup copies of my presets?

I'm pretty sure I posted a thread about this issue in the mustbebeta GSP1101 forum earlier this year, and it seems to have vanished. Someone posted a solution in the aforementioned thread, which may have been to turn off the CC tempo feature. I disabled CC tempo after someone responded to my original thread on mustbebeta.com, so I have no idea why this is still happening.

:poke:
:facepalm:

I stumbled upon the solution when following a Digitech GSP1101 sound community member's suggestion and checking CC control settings. The problem disappeared when I disabled the 'MIDI tempo' parameter. I have a feeling that this problem was somehow related to the settings necessary for me to use the third FS300 footswitch to toggle the tuner function. :facepalm:

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

C49 has been posted on mustbebeta ...

http://www.mustbebeta.com/gsp1101/Gsp1101_Users.html

The harmonizer has allegedly been improved, and there are now 10 user cab simulator slots in which custom IRs can be loaded.

:wave::love:

[EDIT:]A remote controlled looping option has been added to the "digital delay" effect. The C49 release notes are still nowhere to be found, so I am not sure if there are any other new features or how to operate many of them. So far, the updated harmony pitch effect seems more glitchy than the original one. Other users have not reported any problems with C49, so it may just be my unit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The other thing I know of has to do with being able to run speaker sims on the XLR's, but not the 1/4" outs.

Can someone expand on this? My GSP will arrive tomorrow. I almost didn't buy it for this one reason. I called Digitech last week and the person I got told me that it was NOT possible to Run Speaker Sims on the XLR's but not the 1/4" outs at the same time.

I want to run the XLR's direct to my board and use the speaker sims, but send the 1/4's to my Marshall 9200 without them. I want to be able to use the unit direct all the time but have the option of throwing my big tube amp on the stage when I feel like it. After reading these threads and the ones at Mustbebetta.com I'm thinking I may still have to mic the amp though if the speaker sims are as bad as some are saying.

And BTW that Stan Dude......WOW! What a killer guy! Even if there is never another upgrade all the support the Harmon guys have given showed me that this was the right choice. I was looking at the AXE-FX ultra, The Eleven Rack and The GSP. The AXE-FX is Awesome but $1500 more awesome? And then of course if you read the AXE-FX forums you come accross Cliff's reply's to some of his customers telling them to stop complaining or just sell the unit.....Well hmmm. $2000 and I have to deal with a D....I don't even have the unit yet and I'm pretty sure I did the right thing.

• Members
The beta firmware is now up to version c51 ...

http://www.mustbebeta.com/gsp1101/gsp1101vc51.html

... and seems much more stable than c49 thus far.

I've been having hours of fun experimenting with the new custom impulse response (cab simulation) feature.
:love:

i got 1101 yesterday and am wondering,are these updates only for PC?

i have an imac.

my imac keeps spitting out the x-edit disc.

• Members

OK so I'm about 5 days in and I must say I'm really impressed with the amp models. The youtube stuff showing the presets does not do this unit justice. I am using C52 and haven't even started playing with the IR's for the cabs. But I did grab a free down load of a Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks from Redwirez.com

• Members

Oh oh. I think I hit a major road block. It appears that pretty much all the effects are in one block. I said pertty much NOT ALL. But like Chorus, Flanger Whammy etc. This could be a big problem because I want to use my FCB1010 to control it with...in STOMPBOX mode. So what I do is set up a patch with the Amp model dialed in the way I want it. Then I assign to the top row of my FCB the following effects: Chorus, delay, Uni vibe, Flanger and Whammy. Not that I will use them all at once, I wont. But they are Global meaning all my presets have the same effects. I just turn on or off what I need when I need it. It doesn't appear that you can create multiple instances of this effects block like you can on the Axe FX. So I've got Like 19 effects in one block and I can only use one of them? 18 go to waste?
If Im getting this right I can have: a Wah pedal, a Compressor, a Distortion box, A Noise Gate, an EQ, 1 of 19 effects like chorus, A Delay and a Reverb. while it sounds like a lot. Most amps have a reverb knob on them. the Gate and the EQ I dont count as effects. the distortion pedal I don't really need (while a nice feature) I'm choosing amp models based on their distortion or lack there of. Compressor , again not really and effect. So break it all down and I get a Wah, Delay and Chorus to work with? Please tell me its late at night , I'm confused and can't read.....................

• Members
Oh oh. I think I hit a major road block. It appears that pretty much all the effects are in one block. I said pertty much NOT ALL. But like Chorus, Flanger Whammy etc. This could be a big problem because I want to use my FCB1010 to control it with...in STOMPBOX mode. So what I do is set up a patch with the Amp model dialed in the way I want it. Then I assign to the top row of my FCB the following effects: Chorus, delay, Uni vibe, Flanger and Whammy. Not that I will use them all at once, I wont. But they are Global meaning all my presets have the same effects. I just turn on or off what I need when I need it. It doesn't appear that you can create multiple instances of this effects block like you can on the Axe FX. So I've got Like 19 effects in one block and I can only use one of them? 18 go to waste?

If Im getting this right I can have: a Wah pedal, a Compressor, a Distortion box, A Noise Gate, an EQ, 1 of 19 effects like chorus, A Delay and a Reverb. while it sounds like a lot. Most amps have a reverb knob on them. the Gate and the EQ I dont count as effects. the distortion pedal I don't really need (while a nice feature) I'm choosing amp models based on their distortion or lack there of. Compressor , again not really and effect. So break it all down and I get a Wah, Delay and Chorus to work with? Please tell me its late at night , I'm confused and can't read.....................

Would use of multiple presets solve this problem? :confused::idk:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I set my 1101 to change presets on tc helicon throgh midi and since then expression pedal is not working.anyone knows how to do it?was reading manual and still can't get it working.

Paul,

We need more info.

- Are you using a control 2 or a midi pedal?

- Are you using the factory firmware or a beta version?

- If so, are you using the control 2 as the factory controller or a generic midi device?

- What expression pedal are you talking about? A standalone exp pdl, the one on the control 2, or another on a midi pedal?

• 8 months later...
  • Members

dougsthang,

I think just about any guitarist who uses modelers would agree that hardwarewise, the GSP / Control 2 combination is an impressive combination of equipment. Between the dual Audio DNA2 processors, flexible routing of the effects loop, MIDI, USB, XLR & 1/4" outs, rotary encoders, etc. there really isn't anything else on the market (Axe FX II not withstanding) that can touch it. In terms of modeling, while we are pretty content with the quality of the effects for the most part, the amp modeling, cab sims and restrictions on the FX blocks have us looking to the products of your competitors, such as Line 6's HD500 and Avid's 11R. While the upcoming IPB-10 floor processor attempts to address the FX block issues, it's still can not compete with the GSP in just about every other aspect IMO.

I can understand and appreciate that the GSP1101 probably hasn't sold as well as the RP1000/500 and there may be reluctance on your part to further develop the line, but I can't help but think that if you dedicated some manpower to rewriting the firmware from the ground up to take full advantage of the dual DNA2 CPUs while leveraging the considerable improvements that Stan Ripley has made with the MustBeBeta software (like the addition of loadable custom cabinet IRs), you could market this new firmware as an "Expansion Pack" for around $100 and breath new life into the GSP without the considerable expense of developing a new piece of hardware. I'm sure you are well aware of the success Avid is having with it's Eleven Rack using this very strategy.

While I understand there may not be anything you can say "officially", I'd still appreciate any comments you could make.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I bought my GSP 1101 after having a really nice pod melt down for no apparent reasn and the authorized tech knew what had happened, saying that they saw it all the rinse.

I saw an interview with Dwezill Zapa in his studio discribing that in his massive high tech rig he had two GSP 1101's. I bought the unit with a thirty day no queatio s asked return policy.It arrived, it went in my rack and their it is over two years later.

I am more than pleased with the resiult that print to tape ( actually I use a digital  recorder )

I am a hobbiest, I never play out side of my own bedroom studio. I create noise urban blues classic rock and Beefheart inspired songs. I am a big fan of the Melvins guitagist "King Buzzo" and former Jesus Lizards guitarist Duane Denison. I love their tones .

I have absolutely no glitches burps hiccups of flatulance from my GSP1101.

Iuse it as I would have  used myfender super reverb or my ancient tweed deluxe and my collection of pedal devices ad tools of destruction. Guitar-Amp-miked  cab. The unit is very responsive to different pick ups and different guitars. I consider the composition and the palette of guitar/amp combinations that I wish to paint withpreprogram them listen to how each patch sounds so in context tailoring patches that compliment each other as well as the composition. 

I also have purchased the Controller 2 remote foot controller.  It too operates in conjunction with GSP 1101.

I would replace it was lost/stolen without hesitation. My tube amp purist friend don't want to believe the obvios virtue os this unit; "tubes man, real amps for real music" and other testosterone fired dogma.

For me in my studio apartment a JCM 800  creating grindage by the pound dude,at line level and good headphones seems to be a solution that I can Iive with.

• Members

I bought my GSP 1101 after having a really nice pod melt down for no apparent reason and the authorized tech knew what had happened, saying that they saw it all the rinse.

I saw an interview with Dwezill Zapa in his studio discribing that in his massive high tech rig he had two GSP 1101's saying that the GSP1101 did tube sounds really well. I bought the unit with a thirty day no questions asked return policy.It arrived, it went into my rack and their it is over two years later.

I am more than pleased with the results that print to tape ( actually I use a digital  recorder )

I am a hobbiest, I never play out side of my own bedroom studio. I create noise urban blues classic rock and Beefheart inspired songs. I am a big fan of the Melvins guitarist "King Buzzo" and former Jesus Lizards guitarist Duane Denison. I love their tones .

I have had absolutely no glitches burps hiccups of flatulance from my GSP1101.

I use it as I would have  used my fender super reverb or my ancient tweed deluxe and my collection of pedal devices and tools of destruction. Guitar-Amp-miked  cab. The unit is very responsive to different pick ups and different guitars. I consider the composition and the palette of guitar/amp combinations that I wish to paint with preprogram them listen to how each patch sounds in context tailoring patches that compliment each other as well as the composition. 

I also have purchased the Controller 2 remote foot controller.  It too operates in conjunction with GSP 1101.

I would replace it was lost/stolen without hesitation. My tube amp purist friend don't want to believe the obvios virtue os this unit; "tubes man, real amps for real music" and other testosterone stoked dogma.

For me in my studio apartment a faux JCM 800  creating grindage by the pound...... dude, at line level and good headphones seems to be a solution that I can Iive with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow getting throught 50 pages, not all at once. I'm proud

I bought the gsp1101, used it everyday throught the same system that I run my line 6 xt live through.

I didn't send it back I purchaced the appropriate control board.

I try to play a little  bit everyday. And while. I'm playing program off the front of the unit.

I saved all the amps that I like, all the fenders etc.. pratice, tweek, practice, practice tweek some more.

Now I have a. bunch of tweeked amp sounds great recording great with the drum machines great with the nano bass. 

So I am happy. I can create sounds so out there ted falconi would be flattered. 

Tubes are groovy with out question. But my neighbors don't like loud. The  cops don't like loud and my landlord , forget it.

And gsp 1101 contributes to my happy.

Happy happy joy joy.

Archived