Big Stry Sky

Pedaltones

• Members

$500 is not that much money. Consider something like the Kush Electra EQ, a 500-series EQ. In the world of pro audio, it's criminally cheap, and it goes for like $550? It has way fewer components, significantly less overhead and RD behind it, and only does one thing. It's a simple, analogue EQ. Yet at $500 it's an absolute steal.

$500 for a built-in-the-USA device, with the A/D/A conversion quality, algorithms and processing power of the Big Sky is insanely reasonably priced. No it's not as cheap as a s#itty BluRay player made in China by robots. For what it is though, it can hardly be called "expensive."

The clips also bear its value out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ben_allison wrote:

Played mine a bit. Can confirm sounds ridiculously good.

It took me a little playing around with the tone knob to dial in and some tweaking of a lot of different thigns but man, I have set up some really great presets now and I actually like it way more than the first couple hours i played with it.

• Members

Honestly aside from the DBA reverb and the moiaturizer this is probably the most out there reverb around. Its weirder than any of the ehx ones by a lot. I think even the space is more tame plus it doesn't sound or perform as well.

So far the only verb I do prefer as far as plugins go is perfect space which is a convolution reverb that can be fed any impulse you want including any sound file you've got. I haven't tried a brucasti in person of course since they're like 4 grand or something and those do sound awesome from recordings I've heard. You know if you want to spend the same amount on reverb as a backline

• Members

If they didn't put it in people would bitch that they had to buy another pedal to do the swell. Also it does so a swell reverb only thing which is not something you'd be doing with a volume pedal or the mobius

• Members

V wrote:

If they didn't put it in people would bitch that they had to buy another pedal to do the swell. Also it does so a swell reverb only thing which is not something you'd be doing with a volume pedal or the mobius

People do like to bitch. I'll give them that.

Who knows, love can grow from friendship and if I can learn to put aside my hatin' maybe, just maybe, the seed of companionship might germinate and be the start of something wonderful.

Makewieghts aside I do love it otherwise. 

Archived