The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

Pretty happy with this one. It's a phase 45 (IVIark's layout) in an original enclosure with added LED and DC Jack.

IMGP8969.jpg

IMGP8973.jpg

Pretty sure this ones going on my board

Next up for myself is a 1776 Multiplex, Rub a Dub, and possibly a dual build of the 2 of I like them.

this is exactly what I was picturing needed for your board!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

this is exactly what I was picturing needed for your board!

thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Aaron, what's the story with the Gamut enclosures? Are you having them custom bent? They look snazzy as hell.

Yup. Wait until you see the next one cool.gif

• Members

Anyone know where I can find an arcade style momentary button that is durable enough to take foot stomps? And that isn't too hard to trigger; it's for my rehoused DD-5 and I use the HOLD mode alot so I need a sensation/responsive switch. Currently using a soft touch switch from small bear but I want a switch with a bigger trigger surface/that's more comfortable on the feet.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls

View Post

What do the dip switches of doom do?

2 of them are for mid voicing (stock scooped/boosted) and the other one removes the first clipping section making it bass friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by WeStartToDrift

View Post

Congrats Aaron!

2jLV0.jpg

Whoa! Where'd you see that?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by WeStartToDrift

View Post

Yeah it looks like the picked up a used Sea Blue EQ clone you made. Still cool though! You should try and get them a Gamut or B3.

I should... ::chin scratch::

I've got a short list of places I want to contact about becoming dealers (mostly the norms like Prymaxe/etc) but I need a little guidance as to who to contact and all that. I'm also thinking about sending a Gamut to Mammoth for co-promotion and a bit more exposure. I'm not a business/marketing mastermind - I build pedals icon_lol.gif

• Members

{censored}ing physics, how do they work?

two identical PCBs. identical parts on both of them. on one, audio gets gained up after an opamp stage, cool. on the other, audio is totally silent after the same opamp stage. continuity checks out everywhere so it's not the solder joints or traces. swapped opamp twice to be sure. already checked for cracked resistors and replaces the couple caps. like I'm probing the opamp pins directly and no audio comes out, yet it's inputting just fine and the feedback resistors are identical with the PCB that does work.

jesus christ facepalm.gif sometimes I wonder how I keep going. watch this. I'll have used 4 lemon opamps in a row after years of not seeing a single one.

/rant

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

Anyone know where I can find an arcade style momentary button that is durable enough to take foot stomps? And that isn't too hard to trigger; it's for my rehoused DD-5 and I use the HOLD mode alot so I need a sensation/responsive switch. Currently using a soft touch switch from small bear but I want a switch with a bigger trigger surface/that's more comfortable on the feet.

http://na.suzohapp.com/pushbuttons/601200xx.htm

i used to work at an arcade, happ is where they get all of it. the convex style ones are built for heavy use.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

sucks man. Bound to happen at some point, even to grand wizards.

I've {censored}ed up many a build and always feel like quitting cause I feel like an idiot.

Imagine one day you come home to find all your faucets run backwards. Water runs up from the drain and into your faucets. That's the kind of {censored} I'm seeing in this PCB right now.

Absolutely ridiculous. Completely impossible. Insane. This board is {censored}ed somehow. I'll try a new one.

Archived