The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

I always liked Chicago, I've got some good friends up there which helps. Chicagos art museum is really cool (the Jasper Johns upstairs part especially).

So out of all the bands you've playing with Middian, A Storm of Light, Wolves in the Throne Room, Nachtmystium and Indian, which has been the most enjoyable? To not really be that into Black Metal you sure as hell have played with some great Black Metal bands.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll see what I can find.

It's hard to say. M*****n was a lot of fun but ended so terribly.

A Storm of Light is kind of more of a guest appearance kind of thing. Although, I will be doing more and I love those guys.

Wolves in the Throne Room is a really complex one. I loved touring so much and seeing so much of the world and whatnot. But there were a lot of elements of being in that band I was very unhappy with. Particularly the circumstances that led to my severing ties with the band.

Nachtmystium was a hired gun type-of-thing. The recording session for Addicts was probably the most fun I've had recording a record, though.

I love being part of Indian. I was a huge fan of the band. Like any band, there are things that are frustrating about it. But all in all, it's great. Everyone is regarded as an equal member and the focus is on being a band and writing music we like. There's no concern about fitting into an established sound or who wrote what riff or a bunch of {censored}ty business and seniority-power-trip bull{censored}.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarakiriEnd

View Post

Misterstomach what band are you in?

i've had a hell of a time finding people to play with who want to do what i want to do (or will do what i tell them to do) since i moved to portland, which has been a few years now. i do finally have a band, but at the moment it's brand new and though there is a band, there is no name yet. but we have songs and some potential shows lined up so we're going to really need to get it together soon with the name thing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

i've had a hell of a time finding people to play with who want to do what i want to do (or will do what i tell them to do) since i moved to portland, which has been a few years now. i do finally have a band, but at the moment it's brand new and though there is a band, there is no name yet. but we have songs and some potential shows lined up so we're going to really need to get it together soon with the name thing.

Naming a band...have fun.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pain-MD

View Post

I want to get all of my amps together in one place and have a drone party with my neighbors through the wall. That would be so awesome. icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Will, are you coming down to see us on Saturday by any chance? love.gif

Hopefully, my man. I just need to find someone to go with (Ethan's not too keen on house parties...) and it's on like Donkey Kong. I checked your guys' myspace page out again on Tuesday and it rules thumb.gif Gab's voice is not what I expected after meeting him eek.gif

Archived