The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

Something about RAT + OCD is killer. In 2013 I will be putting out 4 new pedals, Bass OCD, Murder Two (2203 + SB/SL JFET pedal), GT120 Overdrive (GT120 JFET pedal), and Volt Thrower (36V Rat)

I'll take them all. I'm not so interested in a bass OCD, but a JCM/JMP, GT120 and super high voltage RAT is definitely my cut of tea. We still have to discuss how we're going to build the tube Wizard pedal.

• Members

View Post

Something about RAT + OCD is killer. In 2013 I will be putting out 4 new pedals, Bass OCD, Murder Two (2203 + SB/SL JFET pedal), GT120 Overdrive (GT120 JFET pedal), and Volt Thrower (36V Rat)

I'll take them all. I'm not so interested in a bass OCD, but a JCM/JMP, GT120 and super high voltage RAT is definitely my cut of tea. We still have to discuss how we're going to build the tube Wizard pedal.

• Members

It's back, it's huge, it's louder than before. Jeff from Matamp is a **** and an idiot and can't build amps. Stuart Anstis my tech rebuilt the whole power amp from schematics of a 70's PICS only model. Nearly all the components Jeff charged me for were cheap, nasty and not working. The tube sockets were LOOSE and causing arcing, all the caps were blown, and dozens of minor components were {censored}ed AFTER he fixed it. Tit.

• Members

It's back, it's huge, it's louder than before. Jeff from Matamp is a **** and an idiot and can't build amps. Stuart Anstis my tech rebuilt the whole power amp from schematics of a 70's PICS only model. Nearly all the components Jeff charged me for were cheap, nasty and not working. The tube sockets were LOOSE and causing arcing, all the caps were blown, and dozens of minor components were {censored}ed AFTER he fixed it. Tit.

• Members

View Post

Go ahead... I'm listening.

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

volt thrower might just be my favorite pedal name ever.

• Members

View Post

volt thrower might just be my favorite pedal name ever.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

Okay so heres the facts. Its similar to the GT120 idea. JFET replacement of tubes using the schematics from those amps. I have a pretty dedicated setup with 4 input modes, Bright, Dark, Jumpered, 2203. Bright input is like a SL/Plexi mix, Dark is a Superbass, Jumpered is both the dark and bright together, 2203 is of course jcm800 stuff. Bright and Dark are mixed like a traiditonal NMV marshall and the 2203 is a completely independent circuit with proper 2203 type component values. Each of the inputs has its own gain knob, there is a 3 band EQ with same specs as any classic marshall, and a prephase inverter master volume. No presence control as I already have 8 controls on this bitch. It is run off a 9V supply but converts that to bipolar 18V for lots of headroom and better feel on the JFETs. FAC OFF size enclosure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

Okay so heres the facts. Its similar to the GT120 idea. JFET replacement of tubes using the schematics from those amps. I have a pretty dedicated setup with 4 input modes, Bright, Dark, Jumpered, 2203. Bright input is like a SL/Plexi mix, Dark is a Superbass, Jumpered is both the dark and bright together, 2203 is of course jcm800 stuff. Bright and Dark are mixed like a traiditonal NMV marshall and the 2203 is a completely independent circuit with proper 2203 type component values. Each of the inputs has its own gain knob, there is a 3 band EQ with same specs as any classic marshall, and a prephase inverter master volume. No presence control as I already have 8 controls on this bitch. It is run off a 9V supply but converts that to bipolar 18V for lots of headroom and better feel on the JFETs. FAC OFF size enclosure.

• Members

View Post

love.gif

Archived