The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

I'd love to pick up one of their Mini-Rock amps. Sounded fabulous when I tried one out; perfect volume level for cranked amp sound at reasonable levels.

Yep...i guess i will put that on my mid-life crisis "stuff to buy" list...not long to go now!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

That's my plan eventually, doing anything for anyone. I may not be as great as some of the other dudes out there, but i also just like doing it, so once i figure out the limits and some more tips and tricks, I would totally etch thing for anyone.

Hell yeah man, keep me posted because that'd be something I'd definitely be interested if/when you get to that point. It'll also give me time to get the rest of my {censored} together to be able to afford things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

*edit* I need to focus on my new years resolution of not focusing on the negatives of situations and just keeping my mouth shut...

This is part of one of my goals for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

img20130101200649.th.jpg

20130101195425162.th.jpg

underpainting test. really helps pull the detail out.

That's pretty incredible. Looks great. Don't stop believin'.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Wood Wizard

View Post

Those look great. That is all.

Learning some Emperor songs from the first couple albums really helped me think a little differently. I Am the Black Wizards and Inno A Satana were great for seeing how tremolo picking and phrasing can open things up but if your doing full chord tremolo picking I usually pick something more dissonant than just the regular chord, I guess it's all the post-hardcore in me making me really want to avoid easily resolved progressions. Anyway, fooling around will definitely find you some cool stuff, just gotta stray outta the box a little.

• Members

I guess my last post was pretty vague but I would end up tremolo picking a lot of stuff(in D standard) like:

D--5

G--7

C--0

F--0

A--x

D--x

into

x

x

to

x

x

to

x

x

then

x

x

ending the bar with

x

x

into

but maybe that's too pansy Unwoundish since I haven't played metal for some time now idn_smilie.gif

EDIT: SO yeah, I just picked up a guitar and played this and uhhh, maybe I shouldn't chime in on BM metal techniques anymore cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by crohny

View Post

No idea if you answered my question on Instagram about these, but what are you doing with that Frankenstein one?

I did, But i forget that in instagram you have to tag someone so they know you responded. I have no real plans for these first couple apart from practice. I don't have a drill press or anything, so i have no way of drilling it out and there is not really any considerations for knobs (that's the next step), If you want it, PM me. we'll work it out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Wood Wizard

View Post

Anyone have any cool/evil chords etc they wanna share? Working on some first time black metal stuff and I could use a hand. Right now im focusing around this A minor opened all up.

Coming up with chords was never a difficult thing for me fortunately. I was always very intuitive and creative, to the point where I had discovered and mastered sounds veteran players of 40 years were still only just getting to grips with. I just play a lot of different stuff. When you practise three hours every day just jamming random {censored}, you eventually learn what works and what doesn't. I know this sounds really cocky, but I think it's healthy to be proud of your talents.

• Members

Back to work...blarg.

Several half formed thoughts: TJs cab looks awesome. I want a Matamp minirock - I had forgotten about them. The Dream Crusher still rocks. And I'm pretty sure my resolution this year is going to be not be so complacent/half assed with things.

That's it. Happy New Year everyone wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by emptyparadigm

View Post

Live Rwake vid from their Nashville show. Small crowd it seems, but they kill it (as per the usual).

i only recently starting living with a computer that has sound, for the first time in a long while. so, i'm currently streaming the galaxicon album. this {censored} is really really good. i'm confused though, are you still involved even though you're living in co? i'm gonna download this {censored}.

• Members

I'll be across the road. My buddies have a show at the Comet that night. And please don't cyberkill me when I say that I'm not the biggest Neurosis guy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Breath though. Sneak me in for their set!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day

View Post

I'll be across the road. My buddies have a show at the Comet that night. And please don't cyberkill me when I say that I'm not the biggest Neurosis guy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Breath though. Sneak me in for their set!

i just replied to your email. weird that you don't love neurosis, but i won't cyberkill you. i don't really love black breath, so to each their own. i didn't actually know black breath was playing. a couple of buddies' bands from portland are playing though i'm stoked about. tragedy, who i'm sure a lot of folks here already know, rule. and my buddies stoneburner are playing as well. they are {censored}ing amazing and people here would love them.

• Members

So I did a little fuzz comparison this afternoon. Totally half assed since I don't change any settings and pretty much only play one Shrinebuilder riff. Still thought I would post it so people can hear the differences.

The order is Dream Crusher, Pharaoh, Fix'd Fuzz (Fuzz 1, Tone, Boost), Musket, Dirt Transmitter.

FUZZZZZZZZZZ

Rig was SG Classic, Blackstar HT-5, 2x12 with v30ish speakers.

Here's the board showing how everything was set:

F6B1C5EB-E647-4113-AA16-85AE1FBA4847-860

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Back to work...blarg.

Several half formed thoughts: TJs cab looks awesome. I want a Matamp minirock - I had forgotten about them. The Dream Crusher still rocks. And I'm pretty sure my resolution this year is going to be not be so complacent/half assed with things.

That's it. Happy New Year everyone wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

So I did a little fuzz comparison this afternoon. Totally half assed since I don't change any settings and pretty much only play one Shrinebuilder riff. Still thought I would post it so people can hear the differences.

The order is Dream Crusher, Pharaoh, Fix'd Fuzz (Fuzz 1, Tone, Boost), Musket, Dirt Transmitter.

FUZZZZZZZZZZ

Rig was SG Classic, Blackstar HT-5, 2x12 with v30ish speakers.

Here's the board showing how everything was set:

F6B1C5EB-E647-4113-AA16-85AE1FBA4847-860

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Will listen to clip shortly

Archived