lets talk about BIG MUFFS

Johansolo

• Members

I'm wishing I'd taken the time to get my BM fixed already. Doing some synth pad stuff at church with my volume pedal and delay, and while overdrive sounds okay, the fuzz tone would really knock it out of the park.

So I just need that Big Muff. And, of course, a delay with a warp/looper function so I don't need to set my Echo Park to such a long delay. I can, however, simulate some wicked reverse effects by swelling into my notes and chopping them off before the delay comes back around. Not exactly what we need for church, but cool nonetheless.

What kind of Muff is it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What kind of Muff is it?

Green Russian. When I got it, the switch was broken, but it had been rigged such that if you put weight on the switch, it engaged. As soon as you take your foot off, however, it shuts off.

I bought a "replacement" switch online (stupid big round fat switch) but couldn't get it to take solder. More than that, it didn't REALLY fit, even though it specifically said it would. Then I couldn't re-rig the old switch, so I have a completely useless pedal (unless I wire it to always on, but then I have to pick up a bypass pedal). I gave it to an electrical engineer buddy of mine, but he didn't have time to get to it before he moved. Now it's back in my house, stuck in paperweight mode until I can get it to a reasonably priced shop.

• 4 years later...

Archived