stikygum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Track is smokin' Awake!

Gear list please.

Thanks cram1960!!

The track is all Reason 4.0, with the vocal and FX done in Ableton Live 7. I made it yesterday at work on my lunch break. (I took a pretty long lunch break :lol:)

Once you get this site up I might start on a remix of forum submissions for a local dance party. Can you make the MP3s streaming as well as downloadable?

I think I can do the streaming bit, but it might be a bandwidth issue. Ill have to look into it.

• Members

Thanks cram1960!!

The track is all Reason 4.0, with the vocal and FX done in Ableton Live 7. I made it yesterday at work on my lunch break. (I took a pretty long lunch break
:lol:
)

I think you should take another lunch break, add an intro, a drop, and extend the song by at least a few minuets. I'm just starting to lose myself in it then it ends.

• Members

I think you should take another lunch break, add an intro, a drop, and extend the song by at least a few minuets. I'm just starting to lose myself in it then it ends.

Good advice, SoundwaveLove - I will try to pound that out and post it up.

• Members

wow, yet again, i'm very impressed by people's entries. there really are some talented musicians who frequent these boards. i'm still working on my track. i hope that it will be worthy considering the quality of the competition.

polymorph, i'll single you out since you have the most recent songs in this thread. those tracks are fantastic. i really enjoyed them. i wouldn't mind a breakdown of the gear that you used to create them.

• Members

Thank you for the nice comments...realy appreciate it:)

Right know i am busy learning my way on my new Doepfer MAQ16/3 analog sequencer. It sounds wery good when i connect it to my Studio Electronics SE1X, Doepfer modular and Jomox 888.

Yeah your songs are awesome and your synths sound unreal. It's about core electro as electro can be.

• Members
Thank you for the nice comments...realy appreciate it:)

Right know i am busy learning my way on my new Doepfer MAQ16/3 analog sequencer. It sounds wery good when i connect it to my Studio Electronics SE1X, Doepfer modular and Jomox 888.

http://www.myspace.com/digitizerhomepage

Hey, great tracks everybody :)

Digitizer, what audio interface do you use? Your songs sound really good and polished... I like your sound

• Members

Grumphh, what synth did you use for that vocally sound? Sounded good.

Ihm1138, I like the composition. The Metavox didn't sound too intelligible, but was a nice touch in there nonetheless.

I'll have to get caught up and listen to the rest and get my track on here...

To add to the confusion, there's three vocoderish parts..only the middle one is the Metavox. The first is formant samples from the JV1080 (ee oh oo) and the last is the same formant samples through the 909's "humanizer" formant effects patch.

The Metavox isn't the most intelligible, but it's pretty good when I send it a hot signal from my tube preamp. A bit of graphic eq helps too. Can't complain, I got it and the Bitrman for $50 each when they were blowing them out.

• Members

To add to the confusion, there's three vocoderish parts..only the middle one is the Metavox. The first is formant samples from the JV1080 (ee oh oo) and the last is the same formant samples through the 909's "humanizer" formant effects patch.

The Metavox isn't the most intelligible, but it's pretty good when I send it a hot signal from my tube preamp. A bit of graphic eq helps too. Can't complain, I got it and the Bitrman for $50 each when they were blowing them out.

I just listened to your track lhm1138 - I like it a lot! Is that all MC909? It sounds very good - I think the mix may be bit too compressed, but cool sounds and composition for sure.

• Members

I just listened to your track lhm1138 - I like it a lot! Is that all MC909? It sounds very good - I think the mix may be bit too compressed, but cool sounds and composition for sure.

Yeah, MC909 is the only source, though a few things have been sampled onto it, not 100% stock waveforms.

I probably forgot to turn off the stupid mastering compressor on the 909.

• Members

Got a Spectral Audio Cyclus 3 sequencer this week and a song popped out for Electro week!

drums - Stylus RMX

bass sequence - Minimax sequenced by Cyclus

all other noises - Andromeda

except one of 2 pads by Novation Nova

This is wacky man! I like it! I can totally picture robots dancing around:)

As for any kind of critique - wish I could feel those kicks more! They are pretty low in the mix without much of that '808 sub bass' flavor.

Archived