The Backing Track Thread!!!

mikeyen

• Members

Originally posted by vlad

Here's an Andy Timmons backing thread that I found. It was alot of fun to jam over.

I also put a copy of it on my server, in case it's taken down from the digital planet site - it's in my original post.

Thanks for the clip again Vlad - it's a fun one to jam over!

-Mike

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Vince

I'm loving the Lowell groove jam, but I wanna hear what other people have recorded -has anyone got a link?

Ed and Anton did the jam together - I don't know if anyone else did anything (if there is, I missed it). Feel free to start a jam thread and link to it though. ;)

-Mike

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by miand

Aja ...

You play like Donald Fagen.
:)
I hear bits of Aja and Home at Last in there ...

Could you record that again w/less hiss?

Mike.

Dude, that is one of the greatest compliments anyone could give me, though it's entirely unfounded ;)

The chords were given to me by my old jazz piano teacher. I wish I was still taking lessons but he moved away.

The piano is digital, so I'm looking at getting a cord to run it directly to the sound card. My mic wouldn't reach to the speakers, so that's why there's the hiss.

I will eventually do another take, and hopefully a more solid one. I ad-libbed all the rhyhtm variations, and it shows.

• Members

Originally posted by incurab1e

cool idea!

I'm pretty new here but i've got some blues backings i've done for teaching if anyone wants them? Pretty standard stuff though, was gonna do some when i get a minute

Where do i send them? Or is it best to upload them myself?

Howdy! If you have a place to upload'em, do that, and just post the links here. If not, I can try to put'em up.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Archived