The Backing Track Thread!!!

mikeyen

• Members
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Dr. Jimmy

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! What else do you have????

Dang I still didn't get around to putting those one's back:D

The others I have are:

The Pump

'Cause we Ended as Lovers

Brush With the Blues

Nadia

Let Me Love You

Porkpie Hat

I think that's about it though.

I'll try and get the lot uploaded some time:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anyone have backing tracks or jam tracks for these songs?

One Way Street, SOS/Toobad, Toys In the Attic, Last Child, Milk Cow Blues.. - Aerosmith

Train Kept Rollin or Stroll on -Yardbirds/LedZeppelin or aerosmith versions

From Me To You, I saw Her standing There, Come Together, Think for Yourself, Rain, I'm Down, Helter Skelter - Beatles

Man in the box -AIC

btw, i agree that guitarbt.com is cool site

• Members

Hey everyone! A few people asked me to post some backing tracks that i jammed on so just check the link in my sig and i will have some cool backing tracks in there from time to time. I have a VERY cool STeve Vai backing that i got from a Bad Horsie sample disc and i will be putting together a jam over it.

• Members

Originally posted by andyhumb

Hey Mike,

Can you recommend any backing tracks to practice classic rock/80's rock solos in the key of A minor?

Just about anything in A minor would do, and most of the classic/80's rock songs are either in A minor or E minor.

Another thought - backing tracks are fun, but loopers are real nice to have for practicing solos. Just play any progression in any key, loop it, and you're set to go for as long as you want. I have the BOSS RC-20 unit, which works real well. The Boomerang's great for live use, but not nearly as many features.

-Mike

• Members

Originally posted by andyhumb

what is the most affordable looper for someone who just wants to lay down a basic backing riff and just use it to practice a 15 minute wanking solo? (maximum $200)?

Like I said, the BOSS RC-20 is excellent - you can probably snatch one off of ebay for around than $200 if you're patient.

-Mike

• Members
Originally posted by came2play

Hi all,

I'm not schooled in the etiquette of this kind of thing, but my question is: can I download and save these backing tracks to my computer? If so, how?

c2p

Of course - that's the whole point of the thread. :) Right click on the links, select "save as", and you're good to go.

-Mike

• Members

I want to thank JB for starting this sticky ;) Since this sticky I've been having a ton of fun with my guitars and equipment. I'm trying to learn how to do PC recording and having a great time doing it. Here is one I did yesterday that turned out fairly good. Recording on a PC is not easy! I find it hard to get around the digital sound.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=487754&T=703

Archived