Fender, Marshall or Line6

Bryant05

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guitaristbum

marshall can cover up if your a bad player, fender doesn't, i have a stage 100 dsp and it shows ALL of my mistakes, and line6 are overedpriced for their items, go fender, get like a Blues JR. 15 watt, tube amp....for $400

lol... Marshalls cover up mistakes the least out of most amps out there. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. Yep, sure can.

No doubt, They do sound just fine, for recorded tones, but the feel is very different. Yep, VERY different. For Live performances they're Very different too.

I wonder why Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Allan Holdsworth, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau etc... haven't caught on to the fact that Line6 can be made to sound "just as good" as Their Dumbles, Fenders, Marshalls etc... These guys must be in the dark. Someone ought to let them in on this stunning news that all of their elaborate systems can be tossed for a Line6 because it's so much more affordble and (most importantly can be made to sound "just as good")

• Members

Originally posted by Zachman

No doubt, They do sound just fine, for recorded tones, but the feel is very different. Yep, VERY different. For Live performances they're Very different too.

I wonder why Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Allan Holdsworth, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau etc... haven't caught on to the fact that Line6 can be made to sound "just as good" as Their Dumbles, Fenders, Marshalls etc... These guys must be in the dark. Someone ought to let them in on this stunning news that all of their elaborate systems can be tossed for a Line6 because it's so much more affordble and (most importantly can be made to sound "just as good")

I'm sorry, marshals, maybe, but fender sounds, no way, I

• Members

Wow, you're an ass. I made a simple statement that was very specific, yet in typical HC fashion, you're reading way too far into my statement.

And you say the PODXT feels different? Feels different than WHICH amp? Most amps feel different from each other anyway. :rolleyes:

• Members

I prefer to have all of the above. The line6 stuff has it's merits but didn't make it into my stable because I am lucky enough to have the REAL stuff. The Line6 stuff tries to emulate, The Fenders Marshalls Mesas Vox etc... I prefer to not have the recreation; I'd rather have the originals.

I still haven't taken a pic of my 1964 Blackface Super Reverb with the rest of the arsenal, but it's sitting with the rest of the bad boys.
:D

Here's a pic:

zachs%20gear%20003.jpg

Hey brudah, whats that 2 space effects box, with the red leds?

• Members

Depends on the sound you're going for. Keep in mind most Fenders and Marshalls are traditional amps with trademark sounds and are really in not many ways modern amps. Line 6 is digital, therefore, you're making a compromise one way or another. With tube amps you gain feel and presence and warmth that digital technology cannot touch. On the other hand, if you're looking for tonal versatility, digital technology can take you far and beyond most traditional tube amps (Fender and Marshall). It all depends on your personal preference. Be sure to try all of them out, and even lend an ear to Mesa Boogie.

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

Wow, you're an ass. I made a simple statement that was very specific, yet in typical HC fashion, you're reading way too far into my statement.

And you say the PODXT feels different? Feels different than WHICH amp? Most amps feel different from each other anyway.
:rolleyes:

your comment was: "And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. Yep, sure can."

I agree you made a simple comment. And you're right, it was very specific. All I did was disagree that you could make it sound as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tone.

What did I read, way too far into your comment? Perhaps the Yep, I sure can portion of your comment was put there to be friendly? Must have been. Sorry to have offended you. Your offensive name calling seems to be the only typical HC fashion thing going on here. I agreed, that you can get decent recorded tones with a Line6, I just disagree that you can get a Line6 to "sound as good as "ANY" REAL amp out there". If that makes me an ass then you need some emotional couseling for your apparent hyper-sensitivity.

Yes, I said it feels different, though I didn't specify which Line6. Feels different than my Mesa Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class, my 1964 Fender Blackface Super Reverb, Mojave Peacemaker, Fuchs Overdrive Supreme, and my Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary. There are several other amps that it feels different than and sounds different than, but I am only refering to the amps that I actually play regularly. Dumble Overdrive Special, VOX AC30.... Well, I think I made my point.

So, now go record some clips of your Line6 doing a blackface Fender tone, Dumble Overdrive Supreme tones, Mojave Peacemaker tones and Mesa Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class tones and then post them and we'll see how wrong I am and how right you are. Then presto you win the prize. The prize is the redemption of your ridiculous assertion that you can do it all with a line6. :D

Archived