Fender, Marshall or Line6

Bryant05

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Zachman

I agree!!! I actually like the Line6, but would never ever dream of saying that one can be made to sound like ANY REAL AMP.

What this was in regards to is:

Originally posted by SgtThump

And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. Yep, sure can.

I SAID I CAN MAKE IT SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANY REAL AMP!!!! READ IT AGAIN!!! LEARN HOW TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ. I DIDN'T SAY IT CAN SOUND EXACTLY LIKE ANY AMP!

I can take a POD XT and do a pro recording session and you'd NEVER realize it was a POD and not a real amp. That's my point, which I thought was pretty clear.

• Members

I SAID I CAN MAKE IT SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANY REAL AMP!!!! READ IT AGAIN!!! LEARN HOW TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ. I DIDN'T SAY IT CAN SOUND EXACTLY LIKE ANY AMP!

I can take a POD XT and do a pro recording session and you'd NEVER realize it was a POD and not a real amp. That's my point, which I thought was pretty clear.

Let's hear it!!! Don't talk about reading comprehension. Work on your own writing comprehension. Say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't forget when writing you write for the reader. Colonel Klink. How do you differentiate sounding as good as any real amp from sounding like any amp??? What makes it sound "as good" as a Dumble without sounding like a Dumble?

The context you made this statement in was then ambiguous at best. "AS good as ANY REAL AMP". GEE could you be a little more subjective. I think you've been thumped over the head SGT. How clear you think you're being when talking about such a subjective thing as tone must be put into a context. You didn't do a very good job of this. If there has been any misunderstanding of your intent it's through no ones fault but your own. EX. does a Dumble overdrive supreme sound "AS GOOD" as a Polytone minibrute? Wouldn't it depend on what context you're using it in? And I would like to add that you can yell in caps as loud as you want with the annonymity of the NET, and you can't intimidate me.

All I asked for was a clip. I'd love to hear a Line6 sound as good as a Dumble Overdrive Supreme doing a Robbyn Ford Tune.:p :p :p bet you I could tell the difference along with the majority here. If you're talking copping a Marshall tone, I agree recorded tone very close. AS GOOD is too subjective. I think I need to apply my buddy Gainfreaks saying to this conversation with you; "Never argue with an idiot, First they bring you down to their level and then they beat you with experience."

Go and be happy that you can sound as good as any real amp using your Line6. Save yourself some future headaches and understand that opinions vary. I can't have a Line 6 be my only answer for my tone needs. My tone needs are apparently more varied and/or discerning than yours. BYE BYE Colonel Klink

• Members

Let's hear it!!! Don't talk about reading comprehension. Work on your own writing comprehension. Say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't forget when writing you write for the reader...

True. I keep forgetting I have to dumb everything down for readers like yourself.

My original post:

"And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. "

My very specific version for people like you that can't comprehend posts:

"It's real easy to make a Line 6 POD XT sound like a real amp when used for recording."

• Members

Let's hear it!!! Don't talk about reading comprehension. Work on your own writing comprehension. Say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't forget when writing you write for the reader. Colonel Klink. How do you differentiate sounding as good as any real amp from sounding like any amp??? What makes it sound "as good" as a Dumble without sounding like a Dumble?

The context you made this statement in was then ambiguous at best. "AS good as ANY REAL AMP". GEE could you be a little more subjective. I think you've been thumped over the head SGT. How clear you think you're being when talking about such a subjective thing as tone must be put into a context. You didn't do a very good job of this. If there has been any misunderstanding of your intent it's through no ones fault but your own. EX. does a Dumble overdrive supreme sound "AS GOOD" as a Polytone minibrute? Wouldn't it depend on what context you're using it in? And I would like to add that you can yell in caps as loud as you want with the annonymity of the NET, and you can't intimidate me.

All I asked for was a clip. I'd love to hear a Line6 sound as good as a Dumble Overdrive Supreme doing a Robbyn Ford Tune.
:p
bet you I could tell the difference along with the majority here. If you're talking copping a Marshall tone, I agree recorded tone very close. AS GOOD is too subjective. I think I need to apply my buddy Gainfreaks saying to this conversation with you; "Never argue with an idiot, First they bring you down to their level and then they beat you with experience."

Go and be happy that you can sound as good as any real amp using your Line6. Save yourself some future headaches and understand that opinions vary. I can't have a Line 6 be my only answer for my tone needs. My tone needs are apparently more varied and/or discerning than yours. BYE BYE Colonel Klink

I can't even read through your entire post above... It's painful to see how far you'll go to read into everything. lol...

Here ya go... A POD XT can sound like a real amp. Is that better, crybaby?

• Members

I can't even read through your entire post above... It's painful to see how far you'll go to read into everything. lol...

Here ya go... A POD XT can sound like a real amp. Is that better, crybaby?

Hi Klink: True, it can sound like a REAL amp. IT IS a REAL AMP MORON. IT's a digital modeling amp. Who gives a crap? Not me.

IT CANNOT sound like ANY AMP though, which was my only point of contention. We were never in disagreement on the fact that it can sound good. Crybaby, nah I'm not limited to using a POD as my answer to the riddle of whats what. You should go up your dosage now and forget about it. :cool:

• Members

Hi Klink: True, it can sound like a REAL amp. IT IS a REAL AMP MORON. IT's a digital modeling amp. Who gives a crap? Not me.

IT CANNOT sound like ANY AMP though, which was my only point of contention. We were never in disagreement on the fact that it can sound good. Crybaby, nah I'm not limited to using a POD as my answer to the riddle of whats what. You should go up your dosage now and forget about it.
:cool:

I never said it could sound like any amp. Those words have never come out of my mouth (or my keyboard).

I'm decent friends with both Kage and Ralph and I don't know how they can put up with your nonsense.

• Members

I never said it could sound like any amp. Those words have never come out of my mouth (or my keyboard).

I'm decent friends with both Kage and Ralph and I don't know how they can put up with your nonsense.

I felt as though this was in response to me saying that: "I prefer to have all of the above. The line6 stuff has it's merits but didn't make it into my stable because I am lucky enough to have the REAL stuff. The Line6 stuff tries to emulate, The Fenders Marshalls Mesas Vox etc... I prefer to not have the recreation; I'd rather have the originals."

To which you responded: "And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. Yep, sure can."

Think about it... If the sound a producer, who's paying you, is going for is a Black Face Fender Super Reverb, or fill in the blank One would think that if they're using a Line 6 they would probably dial in the best black face tone they could, or Dumble etc... Not just dial in 'any tone' lets say... Marshall, and then look at the producer and say, "well it sounds as good as any real amp, so what if it isn't a black face super reverb tone", if it isn't the right tone to the producer's ear it isn't going to matter if it sounds 'as good' as "any" real amp out there. There are those of us here for which any real amp tone just doesn't meet the needs of the job, rather we need specific amp tones for the job. That was my point and why I reacted to your comment the way that I did. If you still don't understand why I posted the way that I did and choose to see me as being a baby or whatever then, your opinion to me is useless. This could have gone very differently, but you decided to be an internet tough guy and start name calling and yelling in caps etc... Perhaps looking at this in context you can see how I felt as though you were challenging the merits of the originals vs. the modeling amps. Hey no holds barred. You can't make your line6 sound as good as ANY of my real amps. Recorded tones or other...

I noticed that you still haven't answered my simple question; and I doubt that you will or can. How do you differentiate sounding as good as any real amp from sounding like any amp??? ex. What makes it sound "as good" as a Dumble without sounding like a Dumble? Hmmm... what's that haven't heard an answer yet? C'mon it's ok, you wrote before you thought it through thoroughly. That happens to other morons like you everyday. you're not alone, don't feel so isolated.

Ralph and Kage don't say ridiculous stuff like you. They are AWESOME friends of mine!!! You posted a comment on a public forum which was asking about preferences regarding Marshall, Fender, Line 6 or other amps, and YOU wrote, "And for what it's worth, I can make a Line 6 sound just as good as any REAL amp out there for recorded tones. Yep, sure can."

Either take up the challenge or don't. We all know a Line 6 can be made to sound good doing this tone or that. Personally I think the Marshall sounds they get recorded is very good, the Fender Tones NOT as good by far, Vox either. 'As good' as "any real amp", I don't think so... You do, let's agree to disagree and part ways no blood no foul.

• Members

...I noticed that you still haven't answered my simple question; and I doubt that you will or can. How do you differentiate sounding as good as any real amp from sounding like any amp???

I didn't read the rest of your post, because I don't have time to go through babbling. But this part jumped out at me. I'm sorry you just can't understand... I'll try it one last time, then I'm done. Maybe I'll try this method... A POD XT can be dialed in to sound like a real amp for recording. It can sound just as good as a real amp. Any real amp.

How about this... The quality of the tone from a POD XT that's been properly dialed in is equal to the quality of tone from any real amp. I'm not saying they sound the same. I'm just saying a POD XT can be dialed in to sound just as good (quality wise).

For example, plugging your guitar into an overdriven transistor radio DOES NOT sound as good as a real amp. Ahhhhhh, screw it. I don't know any other way to say it.

Besides, it's not my problem that you can't comprehend posts on this board. That's your problem.

• Members

I didn't read the rest of your post, because I don't have time to go through babbling. But this part jumped out at me. I'm sorry you just can't understand... I'll try it one last time, then I'm done. Maybe I'll try this method... A POD XT can be dialed in to sound like a real amp for recording. It can sound just as good as a real amp. Any real amp.

How about this... The quality of the tone from a POD XT that's been properly dialed in is equal to the quality of tone from any real amp. I'm not saying they sound the same. I'm just saying a POD XT can be dialed in to sound just as good (quality wise).

For example, plugging your guitar into an overdriven transistor radio DOES NOT sound as good as a real amp. Ahhhhhh, screw it. I don't know any other way to say it.

Besides, it's not my problem that you can't comprehend posts on this board. That's your problem.

Enjoy your ignorance. if you don't want to take the time to read the responses and bable on about your issue go ahead.

Archived