Garfunkel Busted...

Dave Owens

• Members
Originally posted by Biz Markie

I heard on the radio this morning that they found a roach in his ashtray so that's all they've got to charge him with possession. I suppose he'll get a ticket for running the stop sign. He might get fined for possession. Either way it should inspire a song.
:)

a song...

"the sounds of sirens"

hello officer my old friend
i see you've pulled me over again
i swear i stopped you are mistaaaaken
my foot was on the pedal braaaaakin'
and my car did come to a full and complete stop
old pal cop
but now i'm listenin'
to the sounds
of sirens.

what's that you ask in my ashtray?
just a cigarette i stowed away
oh no it's green and you have caught me red
i should have stayed at home and smoked in bed
and now the buzz in my head is really fading fast
i'm being harrassed
and i'm listenin'
to the sounds
of sirens.

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

a song...

"the sounds of sirens"

hello officer my old friend

i see you've pulled me over again

i swear i stopped you are mistaaaaken

my foot was on the pedal braaaaakin'

and my car did come to a full and complete stop

old pal cop

but now i'm listenin'

to the sounds

of sirens.

what's that you ask in my ashtray?

just a cigarette i stowed away

oh no it's green and you have caught me red

i should have stayed at home and smoked in bed

and now the buzz in my head is really fading fast

i'm being harrassed

and i'm listenin'

to the sounds

of sirens.

man....that was awesome! :D

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Fine, but on the majority of people, it makes them unable to do anything that requires much brainpower when high and over time does damage and yes, is a gateway drug.

Bull{censored}, it's tobacco and alcohol....truth be told, sugar is the real gateway drug. Or Coke. The soda, not the blow.

• Members
Originally posted by Mesaholic

Wow, he got a ticket. How wild. In Texas, you would be pulled out of the car, cuffed, taken to jail and processed. Your car would be impounded and you would have to pay to get it back. Depending on the size of the stash you were carrying, the DA could move to seize the car and sell it. New Yawkas you got it pretty easy up there.

Liberals. :D

In Nevada any amount used to be a felony. A seed under your floor mat, a roach, a FELONY. Then somebody asked why Nevada had one of the lowest arrest rates for pot, and people said, "Becausethe tough laws work." But after a study was done, it was found that cops weren't busting people for simple posession. They didn't want to screw up some 17 year old's life with a felony record for having a joint, they'd take it away and let you go. It happened to me, and to a couple of my friends. They actually complimented us on the quality. I think they were gonna smoke it.

So anyway, the Legislature actually downgraded it so the cops would start writing misdemeanor posession tickets.

• Members

Originally posted by Mesaholic

Wow, he got a ticket. How wild. In Texas, you would be pulled out of the car, cuffed, taken to jail and processed. Your car would be impounded and you would have to pay to get it back. Depending on the size of the stash you were carrying, the DA could move to seize the car and sell it. New Yawkas you got it pretty easy up there.

thats {censored}ed up! Were pretty lax over here, friends of mine on 2 seperate occations got caught with an ounce in one case and 2 in the other and just got cautions which will be removed from thier records in 3 months. I cant imagine getting arrested or having my stuff siezed for a joint! Every time they move towards decriminalisation, the old farts start to grumble, so they never do it.

I never understood why they dont just legalise it. They would get a bunch of money from tax, tourism would increase and they would cut a source of income from drug dealers and many would be out of a 'job'. Education is important, but so many lies have been spread about it, its quite funny to see what makes up the publics accepted knowledge these days, most of it utter bollocks.

James

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

yes..Im a lazy american.I eat to much.I drive a big car.Im sure if you look hard enought.. I make mistakes on all my posts.( such is life.)..

I make mistakes too. I seem to spell "success" correctly about 50% of the time, ironically. :) I'm just saying if you think it's a mistake, it doesn't take long to check. Putting the "(sp)" there just draws attention to the fact you know it's wrong but won't do anything about it. The extra effort of adding "(sp)" seems silly. :) If you don't really think it's a mistake or you don't care, that's not so bad either (unless your writing becomes nearly unintelligible).

• Members

When I was in college years ago, our band had a constant supply of good weed, because our lead singer was a sherrif's deputy. I am NOT making this up. I had the sense, or fear, to draw the line with weed and leave the other stuff alone.

Just wait, it will be legalized. All you have to do is look at the way things are trending.

I think it should be de-criminalized, as do most. And I say this having watched a family member go thru years of heroin addiction, and finally recover. Suffering from addiction and watching a family member are both pretty accurate definitions of hell.

I think one's time is better spent tuning in with meditation, than intoxicating ones' self. But making a felon out of someone with a roach is ridiculous and a waste of justice system resources.

• Members

If I did not smoke pot, I would be amongst the millions becoming addicted to antidepressants. Not something I want to be involved with, they often do more harm then good.

And that my friends is why it will never be decriminalized or legalized. The drug industry can't control it, as long as they can convince you that you NEED to be on pills that are legal and sometimes risky (read Vioxx) they'll do everything they can. I didn't used to feel that way until I went to the doctor this summer at the age of 23 and a little over weight had my cholesterol taken it was a little on the high side, but instead of suggesting a change in diet or excercise my doctor wrote me out a prescription for lipitor, and told me I needed to take it the rest of my life to keep my cholesterol in check.

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

I make mistakes too. I seem to spell "success" correctly about 50% of the time, ironically.
I'm just saying if you think it's a mistake, it doesn't take long to check. Putting the "(sp)" there just draws attention to the fact you know it's wrong but won't do anything about it. The extra effort of adding "(sp)" seems silly.
If you don't really think it's a mistake or you don't care, that's not so bad either (unless your writing becomes nearly unintelligible).

I flunked typing , no joke.I bought a computer 12 years ago and went into business.I had no idea how to run one and I knew I couldnt type very well.good idea huh..???..

When I want to put something together right.I use Microsoft word with spell check..works fine.:)

Archived