Garfunkel Busted...

Dave Owens

• Members

Originally posted by Zakko

This article is terribly written.

:mad:

Was he arrested or ticketed?!

I heard on the radio this morning that they found a roach in his ashtray so that's all they've got to charge him with possession. I suppose he'll get a ticket for running the stop sign. He might get fined for possession. Either way it should inspire a song. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Sty1es

It's just a plant!

Jesus christ.

Whats the big {censored}ing deal?

go back and read the history...the only reason why its illegal is becasue of the "Hearst Family"...Randolph Hearst..was the one who started it to curb

mexican workers from coming over the border..or to keep them in line..

(one or the other.im not sure )...the country was rasied on Herb..the Decloration(sp) of Independence is written on it...We used it for rope...and was a huge product here in the usa...what pisses off alot of farmers is that on the other side of both of our borders its not a big deal..but here in the usa..it is....

go figure...

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Da Herb needs to be legalized!!!!! It

Decriminalized, not legalized. I used to think that it should be legalized too a few years back, but then I got to thinking...do we really want weed to become what cigarettes are today? That is, do we want companies out there that market this stuff and make it addictive (cause you know they're gonna add some {censored} in there to get you hooked) and make it appealing to youth. I know it's not too hard to obtain weed these days, but putting it on the open market will make it that much easier to obtain. I think people who want to smoke it have means to smoke it (dealers/growing and such) and I think that in the confines of their own home (or in non-public places) it should be considered a non-criminal activity. In public, weed should be banned, just as I think cigarettes should be as you cannot confine the smoke to your lungs only and it's not fair to subject those individuals who do not choose to smoke to your second hand smoke.

BTW I'm Canadian and we're on our way to decriminalization...

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

^Agreed, decriminalized but not legalized. Kids, if they got their hands on it as easy as giving some guy $10 to go to the convenience store, would just lose all motivation to do anything.

um..not that way with everybody.When I used to use it I would get more energy and want to do things...

works differently on each person.

• Members

Fine, but on the majority of people, it makes them unable to do anything that requires much brainpower when high and over time does damage and yes, is a gateway drug.

really.??. well scientists dont agree with that..

Its not a "gateway" drug..thats been proven..

and as for the Damage..no one has ever died from it.and.no one has

ever gotten cancer from weed...

and Im sure your going to tell me the something like coke and heroin are the same as weed...

• Members

Originally posted by macmax

i don't smoke and don't do drugs, but i think drugs should be legalized.

One main thing is that it will destroy the business for many and it doesn't seem suitable for them.

But as i said

Legalize drugs

I think only Weed Max, the other stuff needs to stay illegal

Kage

• Members

Fine, but on the majority of people, it makes them unable to do anything that requires much brainpower when high and over time does damage and yes, is a gateway drug.

Bull{censored}, Ive smoked almost every day for 30+ years( taking of Feb and March for cleanout) and Im as sharp as I ever was. Sure there are people who over do it but your talking stereotypes. I would say that the majority of Pot smokers are people you would never suspect ; Intelligent, good jobs etc...

Kage

Besides, you think Kirk Hammet is a good guitar player. whats your excuse?:p

• Members

I usually have a bit of a detox when i come home from university, but when im there i smoke most days in the evening. When youve had a {censored}ty day, its the best way to chill out. Im still motivated though, im currently studying for a degree in Genetics and possibly even a PhD if thats what i feel like doing in a years time.

Most people i know smoke, that includes everyone from students and teachers to executives and businessmen. Im not trying to pretend no one takes it to excess, but its the same with anything! Look at the number of alcoholics there are, but that doesnt mean the rest of us cant drink responsibly. I work as a scaffolder at the moment in my summer time to earn money, so im physically fit too.

As far as being a gateway drug? I dont believe that for a second, only people who dont smoke believe that. Ive smoked for years and I dont touch anything stronger than weed and most of my buds are the same way

James

• Members

Legalize It

by Peter Tosh

---

Legalize it - don't criticize it

Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee

Some call it the weed

Some call it Marijuana

Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it

And players of instruments too

Legalize it, yeah, yeah

That's the best thing you can do

Doctors smoke it

Nurses smoke it

Judges smoke it

Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu

It's good for asthma

Good for tuberculosis

Even umara composis

Bird eat it

And they leve it

Fowls eat it

Goats love to play with it

Some call it tampee

Some call it the weed

Some call it Marijuana

Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it

And players of instruments too

Legalize it, yeah, yeah

That's the best thing you can do

Doctors smoke it

Nurses smoke it

Judges smoke it

Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu

It's good for asthma

Good for tuberculosis

Even umara composis

Bird eat it

And they leve it

Fowls eat it

Goats love to play with it

• Members

My old JMP 100 watter was my "gateway" amp.I've tried others now and I'm hooked--- 'scuse me gotta take a hit from my VHT Pitbull.

• Members

Wow, he got a ticket. How wild. In Texas, you would be pulled out of the car, cuffed, taken to jail and processed. Your car would be impounded and you would have to pay to get it back. Depending on the size of the stash you were carrying, the DA could move to seize the car and sell it. New Yawkas you got it pretty easy up there.

• Members

...the Decloration(sp) of Independence...

I'm sorry but I feel I should say something about this. :) I don't want to pick too much on the author of that one post, since this sort of thing comes up a lot here (so please don't take this too personally).

If I were American and were unsure of its spelling, I'd check dictionary.com instead of just putting "(sp)" after it. Since the Declaration of Independance is very important to American history and is discussed in early grade school, I might be embarrassed to not know the correct spelling.

The whole "(sp)" thing is sort of silly anyway. Either you assume you know the correct spelling and don't make excuses when you get it wrong, or you check it. I'd much rather read the spelling errors without seeing "(sp)" or "(sp?)" after them. It's like throwing up a big red flag saying "I'm pretty sure I don't know how it's spelled but I'm too lazy to go look it up".

Again, not to pick on any one person, but this was a very good example.

• Members

It's absolutely true that most people have no clue who the smokers are around them. I've smoked every day for the past 14-15 years for the most part. I'm an engineer and have a very active brain, it is always going 10K mph in 10K different directions at once. At the end of the day, smoke a nice fatty, the brain calms down, and I can relax and enjoy the evening. If I did not have weed to chill me out like that, my work would actually suffer because I would not be able to sleep.

If I did not smoke pot, I would be amongst the millions becoming addicted to antidepressants. Not something I want to be involved with, they often do more harm then good.

• Members

Originally posted by Shaftski

It's absolutely true that most people have no clue who the smokers are around them. I've smoked every day for the past 14-15 years for the most part. I'm an engineer and have a very active brain, it is always going 10K mph in 10K different directions at once. At the end of the day, smoke a nice fatty, the brain calms down, and I can relax and enjoy the evening. If I did not have weed to chill me out like that, my work would actually suffer because I would not be able to sleep.

If I did not smoke pot, I would be amongst the millions becoming addicted to antidepressants. Not something I want to be involved with, they often do more harm then good.

I'm not saying it's impossible that you're right. However it sounds like you're assuming you'd never figure out a way to be calm other than smoking weed. Some people read books, eat healthy and exercise, even meditate, to relax. Whenever I hear someone saying they "need" one particular drug to relax, I can't help thinking it's a bit of a crutch.

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

...the Decloration(sp) of Independence...

I'm sorry but I feel I should say something about this.
:)
I don't want to pick too much on the author of that one post, since this sort of thing comes up a lot here (so please don't take this too personally).

If I were American and were unsure of its spelling, I'd check dictionary.com instead of just putting "(sp)" after it. Since the Declaration of Independance is very important to American history and is discussed in early grade school, I might be embarrassed to not know the correct spelling.

The whole "(sp)" thing is sort of silly anyway. Either you assume you know the correct spelling and don't make excuses when you get it wrong, or you check it. I'd much rather read the spelling errors without seeing "(sp)" or "(sp?)" after them. It's like throwing up a big red flag saying "I'm pretty sure I don't know how it's spelled but I'm too lazy to go look it up".

Again, not to pick on any one person, but this was a very good example.

yes..Im a lazy american.I eat to much.I drive a big car.Im sure if you look hard enought.. I make mistakes on all my posts.( such is life.)..

I still think your amps rock !!!..:)

Archived