BOGNER UBERSCHALL or VHT ULTRA LEAD

Kevin Pelletier

• Members

i love my uber! it is a little saggy, but it sounds massive. i just put up a mic/recording test clip with it that is just basic chord sounds but here you go

it's the two labeled mic test

T=Your track 1-8 w/6505+ was one of the catchiest and infectious riffs i have ever heard. That was awesome. Great tone too, that was the best 6505+ clip i ever heard, i was never a fan of those amps until that clip. Sweet!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

T=Your track 1-8 w/6505+ was one of the catchiest and infectious riffs i have ever heard. That was awesome. Great tone too, that was the best 6505+ clip i ever heard, i was never a fan of those amps until that clip. Sweet!

This clip makes me want to go out and buy another 6505+ :p

• Members

This clip makes me want to go out and buy another 6505+
:p

wow, thanks guys. i only had the 6505+ for a short time but i thought it sounded really big as well but could definitely buzz at times. right now it's just me and my roommate writing/recording riffs and i'm really trying to learn how to get good sounds recorded, but it can be tough when your tracking in an apartment closet. glad you enjoyed the clips though, and i'll keep posting them as they come along.

• Members

I'm wondering if the VHT has enough gain for lead. And by that I mean I like to have enough gain to make my lead playing job somewhat easier...I don't like having to fight the strings and bang the {censored} out of them.

From what I've read it sounds like the VHT stops just short of being truly high gain...and if I paid that amount for an amp I wouldn't want to have to put a pedal in front of it.

• Members

agreed...that's a great riff

• Members

I'm wondering if the VHT has enough gain for lead. And by that I mean I like to have enough gain to make my lead playing job somewhat easier...I don't like having to fight the strings and bang the {censored} out of them.

From what I've read it sounds like the VHT stops just short of being truly high gain...and if I paid that amount for an amp I wouldn't want to have to put a pedal in front of it.

It does not lack gain! NO way.......With the boost and edge switch...it has MORE than enough.:thu:

I am SHOCKED guys find the UL clear and dry. Mine is rather thick and saturated! Maybe I just got the right one? I also know that Trace at Voodoo mods the VHT UL for more saturation/gain, better low volume tone and better clean - the same type of mods he does for most amps. ANY amp can be improved just a bit...for us tone hounds.

• Members

I don't play my Uberschall without a boost. Uber + Boost = :love: otherwise it is to loose and saggy for what I play.

• Members

The only ENGL that I've owned was the Powerball. It's a nice amplifier as well for what it does on channel 3 and channel 4, but the clean is probably the one notch about the worst clean tone that I've ever heard on a high gain amplifier.

He on crack or something? It's a great clean tone, especially compared to other high-gainners and I definatly wouldn't put it in the same category as Mesa Rectifiers...

I agree with most of what he's saying, but the clean tone on a PB being on par with a 5150..? :freak:

• Members

go VHT ... more versitile than the Bogners... i like the CLs a little better than the ULs but both killer amps... you also might want to check out the Valvulator GP3 preamp.... all vht tones are packed in that baby once you pair it with a 2:90:2.... killer setup as well...plus you can store 128 presets

• Members

go VHT ... more versitile than the Bogners... i like the CLs a little better than the ULs but both killer amps... you also might want to check out the Valvulator GP3 preamp.... all vht tones are packed in that baby once you pair it with a 2:90:2.... killer setup as well...plus you can store 128 presets

I have a UL and will look for a basic 50CL this summer with no EQ...just basic good tone.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Well already have a Cobra, Soldano Advenger, and a Dual Rec. The amp I'll most likely be getting rid of is going to be the Boogie.

I'd say something with extreme articulate low end yet, ramain defined and tight and also have a liquid singing lead channel for smooth soloing.

If you're swapping out the Boogie, go Uber.

Archived