May - New Gear Thread!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last time i ordered a t-shirt from the US, the shipping was $4.

I live in Hawaii and was quoted similar prices when trying to order a Voyager manual and DVD. I emailed customer support and they were more than willing to ship USPS which came out to about $7 I think. They were very helpful and accommodating on that front.

• Members

I finally did it - I bought a Casio PX-320 today (at an obscenely low price). It's my fourth piano but I'm going to sell my Radio Shack piano (Casio CDP-100 rebrand) and my Kurzweil MicroPiano module that I've been holding onto.

I've posted my thoughts on the PX320 in other areas so no need to repeat myself but this is an amazingly good piano. I spent hours with it in my church after I bought it, fine-tuning the settings and saving them as registrations (something previous models couldn't do). I found that turning up the Brilliance and turning up the Response to a heavier setting gave me a very expressive and clear piano tone. Turning the acoustic resonance up helps too.

This is now the permanent piano for my church and I have mated it with a Yamaha 9000 Pro synth for a powerful two tier rig that is especially good at modern P&W music. I can't get over how cool the PX-320 is.

• Members

congrats on the PX320. My only gripe is that I have not yet figured out how to turn off the internal speakers when playing with an amp. Is this possible? I may just be used to the pro features of more expensive DPs but this seems like a simple function to me.

• Members

congrats on the PX320. My only gripe is that I have not yet figured out how to turn off the internal speakers when playing with an amp. Is this possible? I may just be used to the pro features of more expensive DPs but this seems like a simple function to me.

I believe you are right - there is no dedicated switch for turning off the speakers. I normally use them whether I am connected to an amp or not so I didn't think to look for that function.

There's always the old "plug a headphone jack into the headphone output" trick!

• Members

I believe you are right - there is no dedicated switch for turning off the speakers. I normally use them whether I am connected to an amp or not so I didn't think to look for that function.

There's always the old "plug a headphone jack into the headphone output" trick!

Yes, I looked into that, but unfortunately it says in the manual that when headphones are plugged in the output becomes optimized for headphones. A small flaw in an otherwise awesome bang for the buck DP.

• Members

Yes, I looked into that, but unfortunately it says in the manual that when headphones are plugged in the output becomes optimized for headphones. A small flaw in an otherwise awesome bang for the buck DP.

Hmm... doesn't bug me one bit, and I'm a PX-320 owner.

However, it's not really a part of our music room. It sits in my living room, totally separate, and I use it only for playing/practicing piano.

Archived