May - New Gear Thread!

• Members
i-3707-17-64-0-C8BF936B.jpg

Needed a portable recorder for the upcoming New Directions Cello Festival 2009, and a secondary recorder so that between my bandmate/roommate and myself, if one of us was using the MOTU 828MkII to record, the other could use this little 4-tracker for recording. Used my $75 off Guitar Center card.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mmmmm Buchla is hot.

I was jut within a few clicks of ordering my first set of modules for my planned Euro modular. All the exotic stuff has me blowing right past my budget for this, though. More planning, more discipline needed. Very, very difficult working out how to get started with these things!

• Members
i-3707-17-64-0-C8BF936B.jpg

Needed a portable recorder for the upcoming New Directions Cello Festival 2009, and a secondary recorder so that between my bandmate/roommate and myself, if one of us was using the MOTU 828MkII to record, the other could use this little 4-tracker for recording. Used my $75 off Guitar Center card.

Please let us know how this works out for you :D:D:D:D

Was hoping someone would make a digital 4-track that could conceivably be used as a field recorder as well...

• Members

Got one of these after my XP80's LCD went dead and the tech informed me that apparently they don't make these LCDs anymore since they contain lead.

roland-VR760.gif

I know most of the folks here are Nord stooges, but I just love this thing. Its the ideal combination of features for what I'm doing.

D7

• Members
Please let us know how this works out for you
:D
:D:D:D

Was hoping someone would make a digital 4-track that could conceivably be used as a field recorder as well...

Certainly!

In the meantime, here's Jon Chappell's Pro Review:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270929

Unbelievable that longtime rival Fostex does not have a competing unit in this price range.

• Members
future-retro-analog-synthesizer.jpg

I decided to join the club. After spending the last couple months pricing, selecting, contemplating and plotting a modular system, the cost for what I want to do is simply too high (I'd end up spending $2500 minimum to start and would want about $1000 more gear right away, and I know that the GAS would overwhelm me). So I fell back on the XS, a synth I've lusted after ever since it came out, as the ideal way to start down the modular path without having to drop $500+ just on a {censored}ing case (a {censored}ing wooden case!). I'll be picking up Numerology also, but I'm looking forward to sequencing the XS via the 777 and testing out the limits of madness that can be achieved with the lil' analog monstrosity that will be the XS+777+FB2. :love:

• Members

you just plug in some cords here & there, turn some knobs and
*poof*
--- pure organic eels pop out of the machine!

Awesome! Unagi (eel) sushi is one of my favorite sushi flavors.

A badass synth that also makes eels.

Must.

Have.

• Members
dsc03276snc.jpg

(The Mac Mini)

Just got this little monster. Had the RAM upgraded to 4GB and it's amazing.

My first Mac and I'm absolutely LOVING it. Has integrated perfectly into my setup and screams along for everything I've thrown at it so far.

Where are teh synths :confused:

• Members

Got a second WIDI X8 wireless for my keytar. A scratch n dent one because new are out of stock everywhere. Damn thing randomly turns off. Just like the first new one I got a month ago and returned. Actually the first one was way worse. I figured maybe I got a lemon last time. They must all be bad.

A Midijet Pro is on the way.

• Members

Sugar-Bytes-Effectrix-460-80.jpg

this program, from Sugar Bytes, effecting drum tracks and other stuff coming out of Numerology has been preoccupying my life lately.

i'm going to post some demos in a short bit, i'm just now making them. this program is so easy to use but yet so _obvious_, i can't believe i've never used something like it before. the first time i fired it up i just smacked myself in the forehead and said 'duh'. why couldn't i think of that?

i love it. demos forthcoming.

Archived