This guy KILLS me!!!!!

STEEL KAGE

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favourite forumite by far, Joey Dahlia is everywhere, even on HC.

I first ran into him in late '03 when he contacted me in some abandoned chat room. Asked me if I wanted to check out his 'toons', and I wondered if he was a cartoonist of some sort. :o

Alas, he wasn't.

He even joined my forum back when it was still active, and got into verbal fights with the other forumites after he had posted some of his lessons.

One of the more colourful members of Chops From Hell. (Which makes me wonder, can anyone get their own column there?)

• Members

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen

My favourite forumite by far, Joey Dahlia is everywhere, even on HC.

what is his moniker here?

One of the more colourful members of Chops From Hell. (Which makes me wonder, can anyone get their own column there?)

IF Joey can, yes Anders, Anyone can

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

what is his moniker here?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=61224

I should know, I gave him the link to the forum back when I first met him in that chatroom.

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

IF Joey can, yes Anders, Anyone can

Have you seen some of the vids on that site? Some of the worst slop I've ever seen, the fast examples don't even resemble the slow ones. When you don't have a proper picking technique, you shouldn't give others lessons.

• Members

Originally posted by godofmetalguita

How Often Should You Play Daily

The Myth

Standard 2 HRS a Day :

2 Hrs -- 30 years pro

4 Hrs -- 15 years pro

6 hrs -- 7 years pro

8 hrs -- 4 years pro (not fun)

10 hrs -- 2 years pro (not fun, very upset stomach,)

12 hrs -- 1 year pro (not fun ,expect to throw up)

This is the first time you can see what the myth is doing for the guitar player.

If you work,play 2 times a day more often. 4 hrs a day split in 2 shifts will do wonders.

This is a video I did at 2 years.

No fast scales, all improb, great form ,a full library of phrases.

The guitar plays itself.

Thats from his site. Who the hell has 12 hours a day to play guitar daily, or even 4. I play probably 4 hours a week...

Funny stuff

Erm. I play 4 hours a day sometimes.. it's not that abnormal for me. A couple of hours is probably the minimum. And no, I am not a full time musician.

Playing wise Joey isn't all that impressive. But he seems to enjoy what he's doing and at least he's not teaching anything that I have picked up as "wrong" and he seems to have the basic theories down pat.. from the very little that I have seen. I myself am probably around that standard (give or take) and I do give guitar lessons. Though lord knows I would NEVER put out a video or make myself out to be a shredder.

• Members

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen

I should know, I gave him the link to the forum back when I first met him in that chatroom.

Have you seen some of the vids on that site? Some of the worst slop I've ever seen, the fast examples don't even resemble the slow ones. When you don't have a proper picking technique, you shouldn't give others lessons.

He's a guitar teacher ... so so ...

• Members

Originally posted by nwright

"Did you catch that? Did you catch that?"

Yeah, I did catch it unfortunately, and it was {censored}ing hilarious. Gotta love the Internet though. The land where spoiled teenagers can pass themselves off as songwriters (ala Ryan Perry) and 80's rejects can sell guitar lessons.

Sure, I admit Joey has better technique than I do, but he sounds like an ass. Can the guy play an actual song?

• Members

Hey, is this thread still going? Nice.:thu:

Yeah, you better believe it's sad seeing people pay for Joey's mediocre lessons. The guy's a complete egomaniac, and I can just imagine what he must be like as a guitar teacher.

His website has some of the most outlandish {censored} I've ever heard. So he's been compared to Johnson and Satriani, has he? By who? The guy's just {censored}ing delusional, if you ask me. Thanks again to Kage for posting that winner of a video.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

"In 2000 ,I wanted to write a book about 21'st century Diet and Weight Gain .I did just that.
The book is called The Cheetah & the Lion,This is where it get's good,To really understand the human body I need'ed to gain fat,and alot of it.I knew of only 1 way ,I quit training and did something freaking crazy,I started to play guitar.Here she comes 4 months into playing guitar SEPTEMBER 11 2001 I did something I never done before,I was scared into recording music,I only play acoustic guitar the first 6-8 months"

BAHAHA!

http://65.254.79.230/cd1.wma

This guy is awsome. I smell a cult figure.

ha, I was looking at his Cd's, he has one called "The Tissue Box Very Soft Jazz" haha, is that his of a romantic night? soft jazz, a box of tissues and his moms sears catalog?

• Members

This thread is a real gem from last year. I love when people come up with this type of stuff. Check Joey's website. He claims that people have compared him to Satch, Johnson, etc.... Now that's delusional.

Did you catch that? Did you catch that?

:thu:

Archived