Zakk Wylde US National Anthem video....

Random Hero

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

and for those who hate quicktime, here is an mp3

That verison is MILES ahead of those other 2 posted. The only thing you can really complain about is he plays it a little fast.

that one was far better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

troll:wave:

You are all trolls by the way you are flaming one of the greatest guitar players of our time.

That was in complete zach style, at least he did something different. or did something safe like satch.

my $0.02

-

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

EVH also made tapping musical and really didn't use it as a gimmick, but more of a part of his musical volcabulary
:)

z28.jpg

=

photo-zakk2.jpg

:confused:

Good point. I should have mentioned that. Tapping only became a gimmick when everyone and their mother started doing it.

• Members
Originally posted by Evan666

You are all trolls by the way you are flaming one of the greatest guitar players of our time.

That was in complete zach style, at least he did something different.

my $0.02

something different?:confused:

He always does the same damn thing...:o

• Members
Originally posted by facefirst

I think he's an amazing guitar player, WAY over my head. I think it's safe to say that very few people doubt that.

All the hate comes from the fact that he acts like a complete jackass. I swear he thinks he's a {censored}ing caveman with the way he talks. He talks in this Cookie Monsteresque voice and tries to act like he's some good ole boy from the South when really he's just trash from New Jersey.

What I love the most about the whole Zakk debate is that whenever someone questions his character all the people on Zakk's jock (you people know who you are) can only say something to the tone of "Well, let's hear your clips!" or "he's better than you'll ever be!!" even though the question of his abilities was never even put into play. It's as if they know he's an idiot and this is the only way they can defend their hero.

BTW, the pinch harmonic thing is lame. At least someone like EVH had a cool factor with his finger tapping gimmick.

I agree with everything you just said (except the trash New Jersey thing :D ) . I don't like how he present's himself either.

I respect him alot, cause he's part of a few guitarists in today's music world that actually play's their instrument to it's full capacity. Again, I said "part of" not only one.

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

What.....................

Did everyone have a nice, cold glass of "Hater-ade" before watching the vid???

The guy is a rock star. What did you think he was gonna do.

BTW- Pinch harmonics RULE!!!
:thu:

:eek: YOU ARE MY HERO!! :love::eek::D

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

What.....................

Did everyone have a nice, cold glass of "Hater-ade" before watching the vid???

The guy is a rock star. What did you think he was gonna do.

BTW- Pinch harmonics RULE!!!
:thu:

its not really the pinch harmonics that get to me, to be honest. Its more the attitude and the seemingly mindless wankery.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

its not really the pinch harmonics that get to me, to be honest. Its more the attitude and the seemingly mindless wankery.

+1 And yes, he does do the same thing over and over again in his songs. He's admitted that. He only wants to play pentatonics. While that's fine, it gets boring after about 2 to 3 CDs....

• Members

I wonder what he was really playing through...neither one of those Marshalls were even on. Same thing when I went to see him play last week. 8 stacks and all of them were off.

His wankery got old real fast. If you thought that video was bad you wouldn't believe what I sat through.:mad: At least he wasn't spitting while playing the national anthem. At his show it was the same routine over and over again....chug, chug, squeal, chug, chug, chug, squeal, spit, squeal, chug, chug, spit, chug, chug, spit, 20 minutes of wankery...repeat 6-7 times.

• Members
Originally posted by Kung-Fool

I wonder what he was really playing through...neither one of those Marshalls were even on. Same thing when I went to see him play last week. 8 stacks and all of them were off.

His wankery got old real fast. If you thought that video was bad you wouldn't believe what I sat through.
:mad:
At least he wasn't spitting while playing the national anthem. At his show it was the same routine over and over again....chug, chug, squeal, chug, chug, chug, squeal, spit, squeal, chug, chug, spit, chug, chug, spit, 20 minutes of wankery...repeat 6-7 times.

I feel for you bro.

I imagine he was really playing through his JCM800 rig? Just maybe it wasn't on the ice.

He doesn't even use his Marshall ZW heads does he?

• Members

Originally posted by Kung-Fool

At his show it was the same routine over and over again....chug, chug, squeal, chug, chug, chug, squeal, spit, squeal, chug, chug, spit, chug, chug, spit, 20 minutes of wankery...repeat 6-7 times.

Hmmm, I'm starting to see the problem. If you would just take out all the squeals, spits, and wankery, everybody here would love it.

• Members

Hendrix, EVH, every arena guitar god in the 80s and Zakk understands that playing a GUITAR SOLO for non-guitar players involves posing, and making as many ridiculous noises as possible.

It's for entertainment for {censored}s sake. If you want to check off a list of chord inversions, go to a {censored}ing Metheny clinic.

Archived