Zakk Wylde US National Anthem video....

Random Hero

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Code-001

Better but it sounds like he messes up in a few parts? Also, I don't see what's hard about just playing the song like it was originally written....

its impossible for guitarists to play it without wicked shred licks in between

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

Zakk Wylde pisses me off. If he just {censored}in used the tools he has, to the very best of his abilities, i'm sure we'd all love him. But he's a pure hack, wastes what he has with totally mindless wanking. All IMO of course.

Could you please describe to me how the guitar should be played, oh dear guitar god?:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by surge

Could you please describe to me how the guitar should be played, oh dear guitar god?
:rolleyes:

i'm just saying, I think what he did in that clip, was absolutely tasteless, and by what i've heard, its the same at his shows. 30 minute mindless wankery solos. I'm not arguing he's a great player, i'm just saying I hate what he plays.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

I meant to say...

OMG zAKk WYlDE iZ dA bEZD d00D!!!!11

hE dUZ dA pINcH hrMNAoNIcZ N dA sTuff YeHA!!!!!!1!!111!!!1

bREWatLLLZZZ!1!?!11!!11!!!?1!?11!?1/1!1

:D

I haven't said that whatsoever. Are you judging my opinion, by what some 10 year old kids write all day on other guitar forums?

• Members
Originally posted by surge

Could you please describe to me how the guitar should be played, oh dear guitar god?
:rolleyes:

iT sHud b PlaYD wItgh bREwTAllL PiNGs nStuff d()()DDD!!111 JuST lIek ZakK WUD...!!!1 DUH LOL LOL LOL:D

ZaKK WIYllLD iS teh PWNZ!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

i'm just saying, I think what he did in that clip, was absolutely tasteless, and by what i've heard, its the same at his shows. 30 minute mindless wankery solos. I'm not arguing he's a great player, i'm just saying I hate what he plays.

I'm cool with that.:cool:

• Members

I think he's an amazing guitar player, WAY over my head. I think it's safe to say that very few people doubt that.

All the hate comes from the fact that he acts like a complete jackass. I swear he thinks he's a {censored}ing caveman with the way he talks. He talks in this Cookie Monsteresque voice and tries to act like he's some good ole boy from the South when really he's just trash from New Jersey.

What I love the most about the whole Zakk debate is that whenever someone questions his character all the people on Zakk's jock (you people know who you are) can only say something to the tone of "Well, let's hear your clips!" or "he's better than you'll ever be!!" even though the question of his abilities was never even put into play. It's as if they know he's an idiot and this is the only way they can defend their hero.

BTW, the pinch harmonic thing is lame. At least someone like EVH had a cool factor with his finger tapping gimmick.

• Members

Originally posted by facefirst

I think he's an amazing guitar player, WAY over my head. I think it's safe to say that very few people doubt that.

All the hate comes from the fact that he acts like a complete jackass. I swear he thinks he's a {censored}ing caveman with the way he talks. He talks in this Cookie Monsteresque voice and tries to act like he's some good ole boy from the South when really he's just trash from New Jersey.

I absolutely agree with that 100%

Archived