Zakk Wylde US National Anthem video....

Random Hero

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

whats with people dissing zakk so much?? hes an amazing guitar player and no one here cant deny that. His tone is amazing, and for some reason everyone thinks hes some asshole, i knew people that met him after an ozzy show and said he was the nicest person they ever met. please dont rant about me for saying this but i liked his version of the star spangled banner

• Members
Originally posted by squealie

Hendrix, EVH, every arena guitar god in the 80s and Zakk understands that playing a GUITAR SOLO for non-guitar players involves posing, and making as many ridiculous noises as possible.

It's for entertainment for {censored}s sake. If you want to check off a list of chord inversions, go to a {censored}ing Metheny clinic.

BUWAHAHAHAHA. {censored}in Classic. That's sig worthy:D :thu:

FWIW. SOme of you guys sound like the {censored}in A-Hole guitar snobs with your arms folded deeming other guitar players not worthy. And with the, PPFFTTT, i can do it better attitude. Like squealie said, go to a Methany show and bring your {censored}ing check list of chord inversions with you. LOL

• Members

Originally posted by squealie

People love to whine and go on the rag about whatever rock stars choose to do. They always have.

It's also our vein jealous nature to hate those who succeed where we fail. You know, like playing guitar.

• Members

The name of the video yall were bashing on the first page where he was breaking the piano was called "in this river" not "down the river" and it was a tribute to dime. A very emotionally charged video might i add. It's hard for me to even watch. I would be ashamed if i were any of you bashing this video or song because you dont like the artist for what ever reason. A man died, and this is one way zakk coped. If you have a problem with that for whatever reason, you oughta get your head/heart checked. albeit a bit cliche' at times, thats what rock is and I'm sure that was the intent. It also had alot of imagery beyond the smashing of the piano that seemed very appropriate.

If you dont dig him, dont listen to him. Music is one of the most subjective mediums on the planet, moreso when you bring critical musicians into the equastion. If you have some idea in your head that theres some kind of static sonic point of origin that you subscribe to and use to judge others by thats {censored}ed. That POV among others are some of the very reasons music is like it is today on a bigger scale. Let people do what they do. If you dig it awesome, but if someone else identifies with it and you dont great for them too.

Why is Zakks value of charicter even in debate?
R3

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a {censored}ing tool Zakk is. Such a piece of trash. He didn't start playing the National Anthem until 43 seconds into the clip. Jesus. Stop {censored}ing around and showing off and play the guitar. Vai can {censored} around and showoff tastefully, this faggot can't. Douchebag.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a {censored}ing tool Zakk is. Such a piece of trash. He didn't start playing the National Anthem until 43 seconds into the clip. Jesus. Stop {censored}ing around and showing off and play the guitar. Vai can {censored} around and showoff tastefully, this faggot can't. Douchebag.

• Members

I'm a fan of Zakk and i think he has a huge live sound being one guitarist

but yikes..

I seriously think he ruins his own playing by going over board with doing WAY too much sometimes

I think the best artists know when to dumb something down, and when to be flashy..

I'm more of a fan of a musician who plays for the song, not just adding in random stuff that will add no real value to the song.

Listen to the version he does of "America the Beautiful" off of Eternal 1919

its so beautifuly done and very simplistic. I don't think ANYONE can say it sounds bad without just having some biased hatred towards him if you think his version of America the Beautiful is crap.

I wish he would have done the same with the anthem and just added his SLIGHT touch, not the over board touch.

• Members

Originally posted by Trashburg

The name of the video yall were bashing on the first page where he was breaking the piano was called "in this river" not "down the river" and it was a tribute to dime. A very emotionally charged video might i add. It's hard for me to even watch. I would be ashamed if i were any of you bashing this video or song because you dont like the artist for what ever reason. A man died, and this is one way zakk coped. If you have a problem with that for whatever reason, you oughta get your head/heart checked. albeit a bit cliche' at times, thats what rock is and I'm sure that was the intent. It also had alot of imagery beyond the smashing of the piano that seemed very appropriate.

If you dont dig him, dont listen to him. Music is one of the most subjective mediums on the planet, moreso when you bring critical musicians into the equastion. If you have some idea in your head that theres some kind of static sonic point of origin that you subscribe to and use to judge others by thats {censored}ed. That POV among others are some of the very reasons music is like it is today on a bigger scale. Let people do what they do. If you dig it awesome, but if someone else identifies with it and you dont great for them too.

But dude, Zakk is a douche. Seriously.

• Members

The guys is an incredible player,and Ive always liked his stuff,but that was almost embarassing. I almost felt like I was watching some 13 yr. old at Guitar Center who's gotten his mitts on a Floyd for the 1st time. Horribly ametuerish for a player of his skills and status.
:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

It's also our vein jealous nature to hate those who succeed where we fail. You know, like playing guitar.

Sorry Danny but imo almost everyone at the HOM could have pulled off a better version of this and it has nothing to do with jealousy. That was sloppy, he missed so many notes it was not funny.

There are old Zakk solos that floor me, there is a reason the man rised about and became what he is today. That being said he is a joke now, he is just wasting his talent. This bad assed biker crap has gotten to his head and the man needs to reevaluate himself in a big way.

Archived