Would you sell out for $1M

Lucius

• Members
Originally posted by BOOGIE666

what if say it were a million dollars to play scooped mid nu-metal for two years. Could you guys hack it???

I am WAY too old and decrepit(sp?) to handle the physical abuse of slinging a Les Paul down around my knees, bending over for 60-80% of show (and bobbing up and down/jumping in place for the other 20-40%) whilst occaisionally finding my decibel-blinded way to the mike in order to screech/growl incoherent monosyllables into a crowd that would love nothing better than to kick my ass in the name of moshing...

But if I had anywhere near the athleticism required for all that, damned right I'd do it for two years, grab the $$$ & limp home smilin' :D

:p

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by RockNote

Sorry to be vulgar, but are we talking boy bands? Then no! This is male prostitution.

What Moliere said about writing applies to music: it's like prostitution... First, you do it for fun; then, you do it for a few friends; at last, you do it for the money.

• Members

Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

its funny how a lot of people here say theyd take it no problem, but the second their favorite band "Sells out" they jump all over em, hypocracy at its finest.

id take the million as well.

"sell out" isn't in my vocabulary, at least I haven't used it yet. I might not like the direction a band I like takes, but I respect their choice.

• Members

Originally posted by XamendedX

that depends, to me selling out is AILD, a band that used to stand up for their faith and now acts like God doesn't even exist onstage. in that respect, no I would not sell out. Not for any amount of money.

If selling out is signing to a major label and dumbing down my music...yeah, I'd sell out:D

What has AILD done?!!?! I've only heard their stuff occassionally, so I'm not up on their happenings? What did they do to tick you off man?

• Members
Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

its funny how a lot of people here say theyd take it no problem, but the second their favorite band "Sells out" they jump all over em, hypocracy at its finest.

id take the million as well.

well , the way I see it, you have to consider the 2 diametrically opposed perspectives. If youre the artist, then youre getting paid and thats a good thing. If youre the fan, youre getting shafted. Its understandable on both ends...

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

I'm really surprised about the responses in this thread. Usually the "artistic integrity" zealots are all over these threads like stink on poo.

"A Million Dollars" got mentioned, that changes everything... :D It's not, "Would you play 'sell-out' music?", it's "Would you play 'sell-out' music for a cool mil?"

:) Big difference.

• Members
Originally posted by StevieRaveOn

"A Million Dollars" got mentioned, that changes everything...
:D
It's not, "Would you play 'sell-out' music?", it's "Would you play 'sell-out' music for a cool mil?"

:)
Big difference.

HAHAHA... I guess that's true. I guess it's only when the artistic integrity zealots think somebody else is doing it for a cool mil that's it not right.

• Members
Originally posted by buddastrat

nobody's gonna say no.
:D

It's funny though, that $ doesn't change anything for anyone. If they were miserable before, they still will be. I know a few lottery winners and they're just as screwed up as ever.

I'll say no. Seriously. Although doubltess for reasons other than what you'd expect.
I assume touring is required and it is full time and the music sucks:

It's nice to have enough character, income, and general satisfaction that the list of things you wouldn't do for $1M is rather long. :thu:

• Members

wow.

you all play music because you want to play music, not because it is a passion. that's really sad to see so many people taking music for granted. personally, i'd spit in their face and tell them to go {censored} themselves if anybody ever made an offer like that to me. my music is way too important to me to just throw away everything i've worked toward creating just so that i could make a buck.

sure, i'd love to be able to make a living playing music. but when i think "make a living," it means having enough money to put gas in the van, buying a pack of smokes and going to the next city.

i guess i'm not that suprised there are so many "yes" answers here. after all, it is the amps forum. you all play to drunks at bars and trailer trash hoes in smoky filled venues. sad.

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

Dude, if the Backstreet Boys offered you 1 mil a year to go on tour and play guitar with them, you'd be on stage behind them jumping around and pretending to enjoy the music.
:p

I'm already a backstreet boy.:(:p

I would do just about anything musically for $1,000,000.

• Members
Originally posted by cantoXIII

wow.

you all play music because you want to play music, not because it is a passion. that's really sad to see so many people taking music for granted. personally, i'd spit in their face and tell them to go {censored} themselves if anybody ever made an offer like that to me. my music is way too important to me to just throw away everything i've worked toward creating just so that i could make a buck.

sure, i'd love to be able to make a living playing music. but when i think "make a living," it means having enough money to put gas in the van, buying a pack of smokes and going to the next city.

i guess i'm not that suprised there are so many "yes" answers here. after all, it
is
the amps forum. you all play to drunks at bars and trailer trash hoes in smoky filled venues. sad.

So, if someone were to give you $1,000,000, you would never be able to play your own music and follow your own passion on your free time?:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

wow.

i guess i'm not that suprised there are so many "yes" answers here. after all, it
is
the amps forum. you all play to drunks at bars and trailer trash hoes in smoky filled venues. sad.

You're one of those people that when somebody says "we have cake and ice cream, do you want some?", you get all freaked out because you think you can only have one or the other, aren't you?

Archived